Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Guys) What's in your wallet...I mean pockets

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering what other cool people carry in their pockets and how you manage those items. I have what seems like 5-10 things I must carry with me, especially if my girl doesn't want to carry her purse. I was always told never put anything in your suit jacket pockets, except a pocket square in the breast pocket and your wallet in the inside pocket. So that leaves few pockets to put everything else in. So tell me what you carry and how you manage it. Here's my list

1. Wallet
2. Pen
3. Cell Phone
4. keys
5. hankerchief (not a pocket square)
6. Flask
7. Business card holder
8. Occasionally a seperate Money clip for small bills (safety tip: as a former bouncer and bartender do not carry all your money, credit cards, and ID in one place)
9. Loose Change
10. Pocket Watch
11-15. Whatever she doesn't want to carry.

Regards,

-D

Rosie

One Too Many
I always wondered how you guys carry all of this stuff around without a bag (for the most part). This will be interesting to see how much stuff you guys can cram into your pockets.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Front left- small comb, sometimes reading glasses
Front right- keys, change occassionally
Rear left- wallet
Rear right- handkerchief
Shirt pocket- reading glassses when not in pants pocket.

That's it for me

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
- left inner jacket: wallet (containing bills, credit and other cards, ID cards, SwissCard with pen, flash light, tweezers, scissors and stuff)
- right inner jacket: brochured book with afternoon and evening prayers, house cap
- coin pocket of right outer jacket: keys on a ring
- left trouser's: spiral coin purse
- right trouser's: portable telephone

Never anything in my trousers' back pockets.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
At the moment, since I'm in my BDUs and about to go off to a UTA...

Front left pocket:
Benchmade 710 tactical folder
Travis AFB Vice Commander's challenge coin

Front right:
Keys on a 'Remove before flight' keychain
Listerine strips

Left cargo pocket:
USAF ID in holder

Back right pocket:
Wallet full of all sorts of junk...and very little cash.

Not much. All this gets removed before working on the flightline.

Except for the ID, that's typically what I carry on a day-to-day basis. It gets considerably cut down if I'm out on the town and dressed up; cig. case holding a credit card, ID and some cash, small set of keys for just the car and front door, listerine stips, and possibly a pen.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My private pockets made public...

In my shirt pocket I carry a Mont Blanc Fountain Pen that I've used since 1984 - everyday, everywhere!

Front left trouser pocket: chap stick and nail clipper and a money clip with a one hundred dollar bill. I once read that most middle aged men are unable to produce a $100 dollar bill if the need should arise, so I always carry one - it is amazing what confidence arises by having a 'C' note in your pocket. I went a long time without so I'm greatful that it's possible for me now.

I don't carry a wallet any more and I refuse to carry I.D. on me wherever I go. I keep that elsewhere - separate from my person.

One distinguishing factor; I always carry my keyfob tucked in my belt or waistband - front right.

All loose change makes it's way to a film can by days end; I hate that rattle in my pocket!

-dixon cannon

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
I forgot to give the run down as to where all my stuff goes.

IN a jacket

Business card and Pen in the inside breast pocket
Keys, pocket watch and money clip (and change) in my right front pants pocket
Cell in my left front pocket
Flask and hankerchief in my left rear pocket
Wallet in right rear pocket

Without a jacket, I load up my wallet with cards and clip the pen to the inside my left front pants pocket.

Oh and when dancing, everything except my wallet goes in my jacket.

Any recommendations on coin purses? I use a Levenger one for my regular wallet and like it, but I am always open to suggestions.

-D

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
The Wingnut said:
At the moment, since I'm in my BDUs and about to go off to a UTA...

Front left pocket:
Benchmade 710 tactical folder
Travis AFB Vice Commander's challenge coin

Front right:
Keys on a 'Remove before flight' keychain
Listerine strips

Left cargo pocket:
USAF ID in holder

Back right pocket:
Wallet full of all sorts of junk...and very little cash.

Not much. All this gets removed before working on the flightline.

Except for the ID, that's typically what I carry on a day-to-day basis. It gets considerably cut down if I'm out on the town and dressed up; cig. case holding a credit card, ID and some cash, small set of keys for just the car and front door, listerine stips, and possibly a pen.

Not carrying your Lackland Laser these days?! lol I still have one in my truck for emergencies, but I rarely carry it on my way to the PX or anything.

I have drill this weekend, too. Sleep safe, FLoungers! Wingnut and I will be guarding the nation's skies over the weekend!

Anyway, back on topic:

front left pants pocket: keys (includind a small bite light)
front right pants pocket: chapstick, pocket knife, change
right rear pocket: wallet (same conidition as Wingnut's)
left shirt pocket: sunglasses
belt: cell phone
inside back waistband: S&W Model 37

Kidding on the S&W! That's at home, safely locked up.

If I have to carry anything more than that I usually grab my MK VII (my Indiana Jones manpurse).

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
Dixon Cannon said:
In my shirt pocket I carry a Mont Blanc Fountain Pen that I've used since 1984 - everyday, everywhere!

Front left trouser pocket: chap stick and nail clipper and a money clip with a one hundred dollar bill. I once read that most middle aged men are unable to produce a $100 dollar bill if the need should arise, so I always carry one - it is amazing what confidence arises by having a 'C' note in your pocket. I went a long time without so I'm greatful that it's possible for me now.

I don't carry a wallet any more and I refuse to carry I.D. on me wherever I go. I keep that elsewhere - separate from my person.

One distinguishing factor; I always carry my keyfob tucked in my belt or waistband - front right.

All loose change makes it's way to a film can by days end; I hate that rattle in my pocket!

-dixon cannon

Most men couldn't produce a $100 even with a debit card. It is scary how much debt people have. I don't carry a "C" note as it hard to break down if needed, but I rarely leave the house without a fin of Jacksons.

-D

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inside breast pocket left: Wallet and Waterman Phileas pen, usually a small moleskin notebook.
Inside breast pocket right: Black 30 gig iPod
Left hip pocket: Randolph Crew Chief Aviator Sunglasses; don't leave home without 'em.
Right Hip pocket: car keys, condo and bank keys.
Left pocket: cell phone
If I am working, I clip my work cellphone to something! Yes, two cellphones at work!
If I am not working, then I always have a Spyderco Delica clipped to my right pocket, unless it is a special ocassion and I have my Emerson CQC. ;)

Oh, and since the subject was brought up, Hemingway Jones has zero credit card debt, zero.

mikepara

Practically Family
junk I carry..

...Trousers Right
Keys for work, Home and Car.
Loose change

Left.
Mobile Phone

Jacket.
Inside. Wallet with Cards, Military ID, £ Notes, Family Photos. 319th AFAR Challenge coin.

Plastic wallet with goodluck charms from Airborne days. Small Crucifix from Jerusalem, US Airborne St.Michael medalion, Canadian Airborne St.Michael medalion (Patron Saint of Paratroopers)

Pen. Painkillers.
Think thats it.

Cobden

Practically Family
Inside jacket - wallet, fountain pen

Outside left - tobacco

Outside right - rizlas, lighter, filters inside a rolling machine or nicotine gum

Right trouser - key chain (attached to beltloop), clasp knife

Left trouser - handkerchief, change

Rear pocket- comb

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
CC Bal

Hemingway Jones said:
Oh, and since the subject was brought up, Hemingway Jones has zero credit card debt, zero.

Since you brought it up....

I have the 100% direct debit option on my card, that means whatever I clock up I pay from my current account in full. No interest.

Those folks at Visa have given me large limit. Because of being prudent....

U...?

Woanzenagi

New in Town
On a daily basis

At work:
Shirt pocket- Cross pen, pencil, Sharpie marker, cigarettes and voltage detector
Pants
Front left- spare change and fingernail clippers (handy for pulling out splinters) and zippo lighter
Rear left- handkerchief and comb
Rear right- wallet
Front right- Three keyrings with about 25 keys
Hanging from belt- tool pouch, flashlight, two cellphones and leatherman tool
Rear pants pockets have also been known to serve as spare tool holders.

After work:

Shirt- cigarettes
Front left- lighter and money clip with ID
Rear left- handkerchief
Front right- keyring with four keys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred