Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Fourth of July, Yanks!

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
Yanks.

Original a Dutch word IMHO. A lot of Dutch people (the man) till now, have the name Jan and Kees.

JanKees - Yankees, Yanks.

I think it is interesting. The eldest street in Amerika have a Dutch name too.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I taught a police methods motorcycle class to some officers this morning. With temps creeping toward 100 on the range, a leather jacket, or a jacket of any kind, was the last thing on our minds. A bottle of water to pour on our overheated bodies was what we thought about. We'll start thinking of leather jackets when it cools down toward the end of September.

Look, Lock and Lean, PC.

Just wondering? Do you teach police methods driving to civilians? AKA. Officer Palladino

Peacoat

Bartender
Just wondering? Do you teach police methods driving to civilians? AKA. Officer Palladino

Yes, but not much as I am kept busy with other things. I know Jerry and Donna and rode with them in one of their shows several years ago. Tim and Marianne were in the circle with us as well. Both couples are great riders and a lot of fun to hang out with.

I tell people that watching one of Motorman's slow speed videos is an excellent way to start. In fact, I highly recommend it. But there is no substitute for having an instructor watch for bad habits that invariably develop. Also a video can't teach all the little tricks that make slow speed manuevers so much easier. What most people who have watched Jerry's videos, and who have practiced what he teaches, don't have a lot of trouble with is head and eyes. They will have problems with other things, but the head and eyes movement is usually easy for them to learn after a few trips around the turn box.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Yes, but not much as I am kept busy with other things. I know Jerry and Donna and rode with them in one of their shows several years ago. Tim and Marianne were in the circle with us as well. Both couples are great riders and a lot of fun to hang out with.

I tell people that watching one of Motorman's slow speed videos is an excellent way to start. In fact, I highly recommend it. But there is no substitute for having an instructor watch for bad habits that invariably develop. Also a video can't teach all the little tricks that make slow speed manuevers so much easier. What most people who have watched Jerry's videos, and who have practiced what he teaches, don't have a lot of trouble with is head and eyes. They will have problems with other things, but the head and eyes movement is usually easy for them to learn after a few trips around the turn box.

Wow if you ever have the time to set up a class please pm me. I like you am swamped through the end of the year but if you have an opening I would love to add to my skills. I have their CD's and use their info every time I ride. I met them down in Daytona a couple of years ago. Really nice folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy