Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat images

Alon

One of the Regulars
I came across this great Art Deco hat advertisement and thought to start a thread dedicated to images of hats (besides our own photographs) we'd love to see.

Have a napkin ready, this hat may cause drooling.

261910652_55cd67e5f9_o.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've seen smaller images of this ad, but never this large. This is the first time I've noticed the Cavanagh Edge on that hat!

Thanks for posting it.

Brad

nulty

One of the Regulars
"The Rudswick" ..

I think that's the name of my next dog. It's a great name ;)

Nothing is centered correctly on this drawing..I love it.....

MKL

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: What is the model of the 1911 45 that you are holding? Sorry if you have been asked this already. It looks good on ya! :)

Matt Deckard said:
That's actually my favorite style. Shorter brim and higher crown.

Alon

One of the Regulars
188489272_3699956b5d.jpg

I love the wide ribbons. They appear to take up half of the crown's height. Does any manufacturer still make 'em that way?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Alon said:
I love the wide ribbons. They appear to take up half of the crown's height. Does any manufacturer still make 'em that way?

Among production hats, Beaver Brand is the only one I've found with ribbons that come even close to 2 inches. But their crowns aren't quite tall enough, from the ones I've seen.

To get these beautiful styles, you have to go custom.

Brad

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Alon said:

I think brims are actually much wider these days, at least compared to the crown. Either cartwheel or superstingy "Blues Brothers" - no decently high non-tapered hat with a well-proportioned brim.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely beautiful illustrations.It is a shame we don't see this type of high quality advertisment any longer.
Thanks for sharing!

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Brad Bowers said:
Among production hats, Beaver Brand is the only one I've found with ribbons that come even close to 2 inches. But their crowns aren't quite tall enough, from the ones I've seen.

To get these beautiful styles, you have to go custom.

Brad

Stetson has brought back a model called the Nostalgia that has a wide ribbon. It's a straight-sided tall, open crown. I haven't heard any reviews yet, they just brought it back this year. They were mentioned in a blog by aaron hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo