Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
I couldn't find that on the web HJ... I like all this teq talk between you and Chamuco. My go to's so far this summer have been Gran Centenario and Casa Noble. Both Anjeos.
Re: sideways pic: yeah, I posted a picture and it kept showing up sideways. I had to rotate it, save it, and then upload it.

1zqvyxe.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
No pictures because it was by the drink Chamuco, but I had several drams of Don Julio Reposado earlier. The aroma I got was that of a buttery medicinal/alcohol aroma while the flavor was that of dry apples, green apples, almost a tart apple. Would you agree or am I way off? The Reposado was all they had; no Blanco, Anejo or 70 Anejo Claro.
I do agree with you, it even has some lavender to me.... You just went into the dark side my friend !! Congrats

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Bob, I think what I actually have is a bottling for my retailer who bought a specific cask. They have 6 stores & specialize in good offerings. It says on the hang tag & label that this cask is a blend of Reposado, Anejo & Extra Anejo, the cask was filled with the blend in 2014 & bottled for my retailer in 02/2016. That's why the bottles have the special labels compared to the regular Dobel Reposado. And why I wanted to buy a couple more bottles while they were still available.

I did find this quote concerning all Dobel blended product:

"Maestro Dobel is an “ultra-luxury” brand.
Maestro Dobel Tequila is a Blended Claro; meaning: they’ve blended Reposado and Añejo tequilas, then filtered them to dial back the barrel notes and bring back a near-clear color. In this case, they’re calling it a Reposado; so: A Blanco look with a Reposado taste."

Proof: 80
Color: Clear

https://boozeguru.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/versus-don-julio-70-vs-maestro-dobel-a-tequila-review/

I enjoy the aftertaste of the black licorice (anise) with a bit of chocolate the most, I think. I get a bit of coffee taste up front but complexity of the vanilla depends on what I have eaten last, I'm finding out. For the full complexity of flavors it's best drank a couple hrs or more after a meal I believe.
You are right, Dobel is a luxury brand, yes it is a very good choice after meals or even to drink with sweets, a orange or citric ice cream,

And yes it is a blend, and has a numbered tag for each,bottle.

Anyway I do still love my 7 Leguas white.

a7750450bcb39d0c909b80b4421497dc.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I didn't notice the taste of lavender...maybe next time or it may be something beyond the ability of my pallet.
Keep trying, chocolate is easy, but you got the hard ones too.

7 leguas blanco even has wet soil on it..

We got some red wines,from Valle de Guadalupe, those wines leave some mineralized taste afterwards, salty taste...love those wines...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home after errands and sitting waiting for pork chops to finish grilling. The luxury of this Saturday is that I get to choose! No duties, work or plans. Taking advantage of the moment I am breaking open a seasonal special Founders Beer - ReDankulous. Pricey beer, but man it has taste. I have mentioned before that on a couple of my recent craft beer explorations I have found them to have a pine taste. Some beers let your enjoy them without a thought - just sip. This beer demands your attention. I am finding it to be exactly what the moment called for. This one is great as the taste changes from sip to swallow. It reminds me of a fancy-fancy cabernet wine.

From Founders website; "Re DANKulous Imperial Red IPA is a no frills, bold 9.5% ABV India Pale Ale. It pours a pleasing burnt amber with some sweetness due to the Caramalt and roasted barley used in the malt bill. But hops are the true headliner in this elaborate sensory experience. The spicy, piney, tropical complexities of Chinook, Mosaic and Simcoe hops hit you right away with their dank aroma—and they stick around. Take a sip to have your palate simultaneously walloped and caressed in all the right places. Combined, the hops take the beer to 90 IBUs. It’s not just ridiculous. It’s reDANKulous."

i-FMfQB22-L.jpg

Oh yes - a Cordova Cap in Linen is perfect for the warming weather in Minnesota today. Best, Eric -

RJR

Home after errands and sitting waiting for pork chops to finish grilling. The luxury of this Saturday is that I get to choose! No duties, work or plans. Taking advantage of the moment I am breaking open a seasonal special Founders Beer - ReDankulous. Pricey beer, but man it has taste. I have mentioned before that on a couple of my recent craft beer explorations I have found them to have a pine taste. Some beers let your enjoy them without a thought - just sip. This beer demands your attention. I am finding it to be exactly what the moment called for. This one is great as the taste changes from sip to swallow. It reminds me of a fancy-fancy cabernet wine.

From Founders website; "Re DANKulous Imperial Red IPA is a no frills, bold 9.5% ABV India Pale Ale. It pours a pleasing burnt amber with some sweetness due to the Caramalt and roasted barley used in the malt bill. But hops are the true headliner in this elaborate sensory experience. The spicy, piney, tropical complexities of Chinook, Mosaic and Simcoe hops hit you right away with their dank aroma—and they stick around. Take a sip to have your palate simultaneously walloped and caressed in all the right places. Combined, the hops take the beer to 90 IBUs. It’s not just ridiculous. It’s reDANKulous."

i-FMfQB22-L.jpg

Oh yes - a Cordova Cap in Linen is perfect for the warming weather in Minnesota today. Best, Eric -
Good for you,sounds like a perfect day!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Kinky Friedman's Man in Black Tequila & signature series cigars

majogl.jpg

2zywl7b.jpg
Haven't seen it, will check who is making it...curious, the first Patrons came from 7 Leguas, the Patron tried to buy 7 Leguas and they got kicked out, believe it or not, proud people at 7 Leguas found the offer disrespectful.

Any way will check on this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy