Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

It's a little humid after a passing shower but I'm under felt with the hottest wk forecast coming up so far.

de8vth.jpg

Nice, not only a nice drink, but also a nice pipe.
I love coffee with a nice sweet virginia-perique tobacco
Thanks for your comment! I find it interesting because Sunday morning I enjoyed a bowl of STG's Escudo Navy De Luxe with my coffee. I love Va/Per blends. McClelland's Royal Cajun Special is another favorite.

You don't see small beer glasses around here much, the fellow in the middle appears to like salt in his beer like my Uncle Dwight does and he guy on the end is rolling his own (?).
I think the small beer glasses were replaced by the popularity of the 20 oz tall draft beers. Sometimes I see some of the microbrews with higher ABV's being served in smaller beer glasses but I see them being served mostly in small Brandy snifters & tulips. I think the snifters are 12 oz.

I think the salt was originally thought to cut the strong taste of the hops. My grandpa would salt his beer & roll his own! He would fit right in with these guys.

I couldn't tell what that handle like thing is by the guy on the left.

Last edited:
I think the small beer glasses were replaced by the popularity of the 20 oz tall draft beers. Sometimes I see some of the microbrews with higher ABV's being served in smaller beer glasses but I see them being served mostly in small Brandy snifters & tulips. I think the snifters are 12 oz.

I think the salt was originally thought to cut the strong taste of the hops. My grandpa would salt his beer & roll his own! He would fit right in with these guys.

I couldn't tell what that handle like thing is by the guy on the left.

It's been a while, but I'd still see small beer glasses in some of the neighborhood bars around here. My sister use to work at one that opened at 6AM for the third shift crowd and it was common to see the small glasses there.

I have memories of my aunt sitting at her kitchen table drinking Black Label - she always put salt and pepper in her beer.

Could the handle thing be some sort of tobacco cutter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran