Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

Sky King...

1211764717_1.jpg

SK01.jpg

Harry Anderson can work half a hat...sort of:

Note: This clip is described as "From a tv special..." It's actually from the 1986 Comic Relief comedy special broadcast on HBO to raise funding to combat homelessness in the U.S.. I know this because I was in the audience that night, and Mr. Anderson really wowed the crowd with this bit.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Some of you may remember an Aussie TV series in the early 2000's called 'The Lost World' .......bad acting, ridiculous stories & really bad CGI but it was fun in a brainless sort of way. It's major interest though, apart from the scantily clad Jennifer O'Dell, were the hats, a real Akubra fest. Even though they were supposed to be trapped on a prehistoric plateau, their hats often changed & there were also the lids worn by other actors in some of the episodes........the average viewer probably didn't notice but 'chapeauphiles' could really have a great time trying to identify the Akubra models.......

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in the Movie Hats thread because my search didn't turn up this one. James Drury (L) and Doug McClure in The Virginian:

Drury_McClure.jpg

You don't often see a moonstone-gray hat in a Western, do you? Or maybe not moonstone; what's that other gray color that Akubra offers on some of its hats?

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Didn't he play a werewolf in some TV movie? Can't recall. Yes, that hard gaze and block-of-stone face would normally have led to him playing villains more often than he did heroes, but somehow he transcended that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner