Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

Reading Dinerman's thread about traveling the country full time & all the people real & fictional who have done it http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-time-has-finally-come.86499/#post-2102998 I thought of two of my favorites from long ago that he failed to mention.

"Then Came Bronson"
6pnm2t.jpg

1rt6b8.jpg

2jfyn9l.jpg

Watching "Then Came Bronson" is probably what almost got me killed once.

And "Route 66"
bf1aom.jpg

b8qvs6.jpg

It was also during the TV run of "Route 66" that more & more television shows started to be filmed in color which probably helped Chevrolet sell a lot more cars.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I thought I was the only guy in the world that remembered "Then Came Bronson."
I remember it being on -- this was the heyday of "relevant" TV shows, which sub-genre I found even at age 15 to be slow-moving, preachy, and not terribly entertaining. Michael Parks looked a great deal like the late James Dean, didn't he?

I remember it being on -- this was the heyday of "relevant" TV shows, which sub-genre I found even at age 15 to be slow-moving, preachy, and not terribly entertaining. Michael Parks looked a great deal like the late James Dean, didn't he?

I think we watched mainly because my mom thought Michael Parks was pleasing to the eye.

Michael Parks looked a great deal like the late James Dean, didn't he?
I never thought about it but I can see the James Dean influence on the character of Bronson. All I know is I wanted to get on an iron horse & do the same thing, & it would be a few yrs yet before Wyatt & Billy would fuel that desire even further in Easy Rider.

Yes, I am watching it. It's funny and kind of sad that AMC has better documentaries than the History Channel...
These shows are more "docudrama" than "documentary", and not particularly good ones if you actually want to learn anything about the subject matter. Still, I suppose they're better than more phony-baloney reality shows or 24 hours of Adolph Hitler. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails