Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You guys are the most, thank you for such complimentary remarks.
Red, did I tell you how the car came to be called Jessica?
My missus started calling her Jessica within a day of her arrival.
"Jessica?" I asked.
"Well," she replied, "like her famous namesake she's a redhead, she has a wonderful body and she's got a cracking pair of hooters."
Can't really argue with that!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Shirt by Tina, hat by Esther, summer blazer by Samuel Windsor. These blazers are lovely and light but yesterday's heat meant that even the lightest blazer was just too warm for all day wear.
hats 071.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Great look! I love that light blazer, have to see if I can get one here in the states from them.
Red, as ever, your compliments are so gracious, thank you.
Esther made this Strat-like hat to go with a similar coloured, 1930's half belt suit, that I wore to a rather good wedding. But, it does match this light blue pin stripe blazer in seersucker, perfectly.
aloha 151.JPG

We've been invited to a gig tonight, it's a 40's themed Rock & Roll party, the text read: "Think Hawaiian"
Hawaiian enough?
View attachment 119377 View attachment 119378

Don't forget your lei!!

On another note...
I've tried to PM you, but you have yourself all locked down in Highest Level Security available on the Lounge. Nobody can get to you! You're harder to see than the otolaryngological surgeon who performed the mastoidectomy on me. NOW I am REALLY curious about what goes on "over there!"

Interesting question here... The Lounge has been behaving differently since the installation of the new system, hasn’t it? More suggested threads, more ads, etc.
So, why do I now regularly see ads for socksoothers.com following your appearances (posts) in the threads?! Are you connected in any way, or is it just coincidence? They do look to be helpful for Jitterbugging. Are you a sock holder in the company?

I had to ask, and please let me know if you buy a pair, and if they work!!

All the best,
Charlie

GHT

I'll Lock Up
On another note...
I've tried to PM you, but you have yourself all locked down in Highest Level Security available on the Lounge. Nobody can get to you! You're harder to see than the otolaryngological surgeon who performed the mastoidectomy on me.
All the best,
Charlie
Charlie, check your inbox and let me know if there's a message or not.
I was thinking about visiting Boston later in the year, how appropriate is this, travel depicting shirt? Leaving on a jet plane.
hats 067.JPG

Charlie, check your inbox and let me know if there's a message or not.
I was thinking about visiting Boston later in the year, how appropriate is this, travel depicting shirt? Leaving on a jet plane.
View attachment 122764

Back from the fringes, apologies for the delay. No message from you or anyone today, though.

They'll LOVE you in Boston with an Aloha shirt. With 114 Universities/colleges in the state, we host a huge population of youth who bring vibrancy, eclectic fashion, and occasional intellect to the scene.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
They'll LOVE you in Boston with an Aloha shirt. With 114 Universities/colleges in the state, we host a huge population of youth who bring vibrancy, eclectic fashion, and occasional intellect to the scene.
Intellect? Me? Hah! Intelligence to me, is like underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off. When I had one of those Mensa tests my IQ came back negative. Scientists say the universe is made up of Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. They forgot to mention Morons, and of course artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Haven't posted to this thread in a good while, so I thought I'd share the one my kids got me for Fathers day. It has sailboats and lighthouses and old pickup trucks, making for a harmonious balance of surf and turf. It's also about 2 sizes too large, but that's ok. I guess it means my kids think pretty big of me.
b3630275c578281cb8d7e9e353fe4160.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haven't posted to this thread in a good while, so I thought I'd share the one my kids got me for Fathers day. It has sailboats and lighthouses and old pickup trucks, making for a harmonious balance of surf and turf. It's also about 2 sizes too large, but that's ok. I guess it means my kids think pretty big of me.

Looks good Dale, nice to see ya!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Where's down south? Your location under your avatar. We are planning to be on your side of the pond come September/October. Shall I ask her to bring a needle and thread? It's a great shirt, and I'm loving that little rocking horse behind you.

Where's down south? Your location under your avatar. We are planning to be on your side of the pond come September/October. Shall I ask her to bring a needle and thread? It's a great shirt, and I'm loving that little rocking horse behind you.
GHT I'm in central Alabama. Birmingham to narrow it down. That poor little rocking horse needs a needle and thread far worse than any of my Hawaiian shirts. It's done it's duty under 5 kids and has sure seen it's better days. It's stuffing is falling out the seams and it's ears are ancient history. It's been relegated to living on the porch but I just can't bring myself to kick it to the curb yet. If you folks are through this way give a shout. It's a small city but there's a lot of history here. Not all of it good, necessarily, but a lot of it nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran