Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's Mother's Day here in the UK. Both of my parents and that of my wife have long since passed away, so with all of our friends either taking out an elderly mother or being taken out by their adult children, we shall enjoy breakfast at The Truck Stop near Portsmouth. On the first Sunday of the month, they turn the café into a 50's American style diner. All the aficionados of 50's American metal, all chrome and fins, turn up. We shall have a full blown English breakfast with a little fifties rock & roll and then have a look at the cars. And as the weather, although bitter cold, is being very agreeably sunny, a shirt to match. Enjoy your Sunday.
Robert.
travel 001.JPG

RJR

It's Mother's Day here in the UK. Both of my parents and that of my wife have long since passed away, so with all of our friends either taking out an elderly mother or being taken out by their adult children, we shall enjoy breakfast at The Truck Stop near Portsmouth. On the first Sunday of the month, they turn the café into a 50's American style diner. All the aficionados of 50's American metal, all chrome and fins, turn up. We shall have a full blown English breakfast with a little fifties rock & roll and then have a look at the cars. And as the weather, although bitter cold, is being very agreeably sunny, a shirt to match. Enjoy your Sunday.
Robert.
View attachment 45736
Sounds like a very special day,hope it goes well.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The hat that Esther made has been burning a hole in the box. I've tried to pretend to be all nonchalant about it, like it's just another hat in my collection, but it's such a beauty, I'd wear it in bed. Aloha shirts and fedoras are a combination that I wouldn't have thought went well until I saw this thread. But they do and I am hooked. Now I have, not only a personal shirt maker, but my very own milliner too. Both are so talented.
aloha 016.JPG aloha 017.JPG

RJR

The hat that Esther made has been burning a hole in the box. I've tried to pretend to be all nonchalant about it, like it's just another hat in my collection, but it's such a beauty, I'd wear it in bed. Aloha shirts and fedoras are a combination that I wouldn't have thought went well until I saw this thread. But they do and I am hooked. Now I have, not only a personal shirt maker, but my very own milliner too. Both are so talented.
View attachment 46572 View attachment 46573
That hat is sharp.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This morning I'm off to see a good friend, he's recovering in hospital from a hip replacement operation. I'm keeping tabs on his progress, not just because I want to see my friend up and about, but I have a more mercenary reason. I too need a hip replacement, my friend's recovery will influence my decision about surgery.
The guy is ex-military, an army officer, but I couldn't tell you which regiment. He has some sort of military insurance that is allowing him to recover in a private medical care hospital. He tells me that the place is a bit pompous. Ha! A Stetson fedora and naked ladies will brighten his day. It might get me thrown out though.
Loz Dawes posted his naked ladies a while back, here's the version my wife made. (She's the one hiding behind the palm leaf,) only joking dear.
novelty 002.JPG

Today, whilst deliberating on what to wear, I flippantly tried on a novel shirt that I wear to Halloween events. I just had to see if it went with my new hat. Sorry Esther.
I'd say that's a versatile hat that could be worn with anything short of a tuxedo (and maybe even that). To quote Ira Gershwin, "Who could ask for anything more?"

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We're here for each other, Mike, and you know I feel your pain!
Pain? You've probably got your hat on too tight!
Glad to see my monopoly of this thread finally broken. That is an unusual and lovely coloured hat Mike, good combo with the shirt too. We are blessed with warm sunshine, I'm loving it. By the way, the hat Esther made me is having a custom shirt made to do it justice, watch this space.
floral 4.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
i-tX2pLwM-M.jpg

Pic from this past weekend. My humble contribution. It is not a vintage, but a Patagonia brand Hawaiian inspired shirt. I have only a couple vtg. shirts and they are delicate and require attention cleaning. They do not see as much action as the easy care modern shirts, like above, for me. I do enjoy seeing you folks lovely shirts.

Aloha, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That shirt and hat compliment one another beautifully, Eric. Add sunshine and it's a recipe for a lovely day.
Have to admit, my wife nagged me: "You wore that shirt yesterday, when you went and had your hair cut. Give it here, I'm doing some hand washing." Married men will recognise that's not an instruction, it's a command, best do as she says. Seeing the lovely blue hats on here, and with a certain Belgian lady telling me that regular wear will soften the sweatband stiffness, what can I do but comply?
aloha 020.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner