Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Duper

Practically Family
Great shirt Loz, where did you get the inspiration? I'm only teasing my friend, but I have to say, that's the first time I have seen someone in one of "my shirts."
View attachment 45069
View attachment 45070

I seem to recall Black Sheep Hatworks offering liners that had that tropical native girl pattern.
I wish I had acquired one.

,,,Mike in Canada

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
I seem to recall Black Sheep Hatworks offering liners that had that tropical native girl pattern.
I wish I had acquired one.

,,,Mike in Canada
my Black Sheep Hatworks Porkpie with Peek a Boo liner..
bshw-jpg.41352

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
You are right, it's hideous, not the sort of shirt to be worn in the sunny climes of Southern California. How about a floral design that looks like birds of paradise? Maybe not in black but the flora would loose the impact in a light tone.
View attachment 45095

Great compliment, thank you. If you really like this and know someone with needlecraft skills, you can buy the fabric from Robert Kaufman Fabrics, you will need to search their site for: "Racing Cars."

I found it. It's called 'Classic Cruisers,' and there are three patterns. Thanks muchly for the lead. :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I wish I had acquired one. Mike in Canada
Mike remember this advice to Scotty?
If you really like this and know someone with needlecraft skills, you can buy the fabric from Robert Kaufman Fabrics, you will need to search their site for: "Racing Cars."
Well the same for you: If you Google: Alexander Henry Fabrics, then search for: 'Mirage.' You will find the pin up girls in three different backgrounds, all you need then, is someone to make it into a shirt for you.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What a glorious morning, a biting chill mind, but it's certainly time to get into the shirts. I've got a new one in the pipeline, watch this space, and there's a new hat to wear with it coming soon. Hopefully, there's also a new pair of shoes to complete the ensemble. I'm like a kid at Christmas.
g&c.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Still sunny, but a mix of rain, sleet, hail and snow are forecast. Here however the sun has still got his hat on.
It shows you how some view vintage, when I wore this shirt at a vintage festival last year, a young guy, thirty at the most said: "Oh wow, Route 66, The Rolling Stones." "Can you get online with your phone," I replied. He nodded, "OK, look up Route 66, the song." He did so. "What!" he exclaimed, "Chuck Berry! You are kidding me, all this time I thought it was Jagger & Richards." "Chuck was a tortured soul," I said, "but in popular music, few can hold a candle to him. just look up his list of songs."
Well if you ever plan to motor west
Just take my way it's the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66
Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2000 miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66.
Chuck Berry
ewd 006.JPG

Still sunny, but a mix of rain, sleet, hail and snow are forecast. Here however the sun has still got his hat on.
It shows you how some view vintage, when I wore this shirt at a vintage festival last year, a young guy, thirty at the most said: "Oh wow, Route 66, The Rolling Stones." "Can you get online with your phone," I replied. He nodded, "OK, look up Route 66, the song." He did so. "What!" he exclaimed, "Chuck Berry! You are kidding me, all this time I thought it was Jagger & Richards." "Chuck was a tortured soul," I said, "but in popular music, few can hold a candle to him. just look up his list of songs."
Well if you ever plan to motor west
Just take my way it's the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66
Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2000 miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66.
Chuck Berry
View attachment 45635

GHT, outstanding. The work your lovely wife does lining up the patterns on those shirts is pure artistry. Just remarkable.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
blush.png
Do you know, I remember Bobby's name in the 60's at about the time The Stones were recording Route 66, and just like the guy last summer, I never looked up the originality of the song, just took the information that Mick Jagger gave at an interview, when he said that they had heard Chuck Berry's recording. So Bobby Troup is the original. Oh dear. Like I said in another thread: I'm getting old.

View attachment 45642
Do you know, I remember Bobby's name in the 60's at about the time The Stones were recording Route 66, and just like the guy last summer, I never looked up the originality of the song, just took the information that Mick Jagger gave at an interview, when he said that they had heard Chuck Berry's recording. So Bobby Troup is the original. Oh dear. Like I said in another thread: I'm getting old.
Bobby Troup wrote the song, but it was first recorded by Nat King Cole (as The King Cole Trio). It has subsequently been covered by Bing Crosby, Chuck Berry, The Rolling Stones, Them, Asleep at the Wheel, and Depeche Mode.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Putting Route 66 faux pas behind me, I'm off to The Solent Sky Museum, in Southampton, where I'm joining a good friend. He's going to run the slide rule over a war time era Dodge. He didn't say if it was a car or some sort of military vehicle so I'm really curious. Travelling in the old MG, I shall take Route M27, just hope there's no big trucks about this morning, they all go faster than my old car.
The chequered blazer goes really well with the art deco shirt, and just in case it rains, I have a felt hat with me to replace the straw. My curiosity about this Dodge runneth over.
3da.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Keep us posted......
What a misunderstanding that was. My friend, although he doesn't use text speak, (thankfully,) he never uses capital letters or punctuation, so the gist of what he meant was, that he was travelling to the museum with someone in a Dodge,
dodge command.jpg
The museum was asking for some civilian vehicles, hence my invitation, but all was not lost. One of the entrants has a Ford that he is keen to sell. I saw the two of them talking. When I know the outcome I'll update you:
ford 1941.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran