Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
RBH said:
NICE!!!
Break open a few of those bottles behind you ....and me a GTDean will find that durn maltese falcon that everyone seems to be talkin' about!!!

That's easy, here ya go
ot0u8l.gif

Wish we could find it, I think it was auctioned in 1994 for $398,500.00

i2pw09.jpg

Looks better with Bogie in the pic..

5xpchu.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Ditto! Carter -- I really liked that shirt you posted yesterday.

Cheers,
JtL
UWSC & Jimmy, Thanks for the approbation.

Yeterday's shirt is a recent ebay acquisitiom. It is a 100% rayon Rokoko Hawaiian Beach in a splatter-paint tropical pattern.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
OK -- it actually snowed here today. :eek: :rage: The first day of Spring...:eusa_doh:

To change up the mojo, I've got to think of better days to come...

Front.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

kiltie

Practically Family
Goose. said:
Just got back from running errands while wearing my Sydney and black Reyn Spooner "Magnum P.I." parrot shirt...which I didn't know he wore until after I bought this one and the red one (never really watched the show) http://site.mauishirts.com/Magnum/images/selleck-jungle-bird-red-camera.jpg
495880213_PMsVS-S-1.jpg

Way to go, Goose!
Without any irony in my tone: Magnum PI is the best television show ( possibly tied with Newhart - yes, the second incarnation - I said it!!! ) ever! EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

Goose.

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. I have no issue with Magnum P.I. Just never really watched a full episode. If that show comes on, I'll be certain to catch an episode...or more.

Certainly would have bought the shirts regardless if I'd known in advance. In fact I thought it was cool when I found out :)

And, "Newhart"...one of my favorites too.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Jimmy, I am loving the stitching on the brim. That must be another 'lost' art like the cavanagh edge I suspect.

That brim stitching treatment is fairly unique. There are a couple of other examples on the Lounge (combined with different kinds of felt), but the brim/felt combo on this particular Royal Stetson lends it a kind of tropical flair. And it is very lightweight, as well.

Goose -- I like that shirt. I didn't realize that Reyn Spooner made a parrot shirt like that one. Tragically, the Reyn Spooner "Reyn-lon" shirts have dwindled down to about nothing in terms of current offerings. RS has decided to focus on other materials instead. :(

Cheers,
JtL

Goose.

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:

Goose -- I like that shirt. I didn't realize that Reyn Spooner made a parrot shirt like that one. Tragically, the Reyn Spooner "Reyn-lon" shirts have dwindled down to about nothing in terms of current offerings. RS has decided to focus on other materials instead. :(

Cheers,
JtL
Ordinary Guy said:
Very appropriate that a GOOSE would have a bird shirt ..... ;)

Very nice too....... :D
Thanks Jimmy and JtL...
Yep, now they have more of what they call "Spooner Cloth". Cotton inside out printing. Have some of those. And, some with nene (Hawiian Goose) on them ;)

Here's today's gig...Primo Beer:

497496174_dvBSw-M-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo