Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Finding a Flight Jacket Without Flapped Pockets

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Hello to all,

I've been looking for a replica of the jacket Henry Winkler wore in the very early shows of "Happy Days" (pre - live audience). It looks exactly like an A-2 only it has hand warmer, slide-in pockets instead of flaps. It looks like it's made of well broken-in, black cowhide leather. I prefer this style because I think that the flapped pockets make for a more bulky rather than streamlined appearance around the midsection, but I've never seen an A-2 without flapped pockets. Does anyone know where I can find what I'm looking for?

Thank you,

Chuck

Technonut

Practically Family

ldmax

Familiar Face
Custom made.

You could have a jacket custom made. I know US Authentic (www.flightjacket.com) does custom work. They would probably be able to put slash handwarmer pockets on one of their A2 jackets. Their custom work charge is $100 and their standard goatskin A2 is $294. So I think you could get what you are looking for for around $400. Just give them a call or email.

Anthony Clark

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all of the input. You guys have been a big help. Please let me know if you come across any other links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy