Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me accessorize this Outfit!

Drappa

One Too Many
Photo of the fascinator:

!Bvu-V0gCGk~$(KGrHqEOKi8Ev-20F36UBMFw8!5rm!~~_3.JPG

roselily

One of the Regulars
dress.jpg
[/IMG]

Help me choose accessories? I know it's not vintage (way too short) but to my eye it's very vintage inspired and I'd love some ideas on what to wear with it! (starting with , what color shoes???)

Lottie

Familiar Face
Drappa said:
Photo of the fascinator:

!Bvu-V0gCGk~$(KGrHqEOKi8Ev-20F36UBMFw8!5rm!~~_3.JPG

That fascinator is stunning, but in my opinion, it could be a bit too much for the dress.. I'd rather go for a simple black one (or a hat, or a bow..) and black or red seams. :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Lottie said:
That fascinator is stunning, but in my opinion, it could be a bit too much for the dress.. I'd rather go for a simple black one (or a hat, or a bow..) and black or red seams. :)

Thanks for the advice, I also thought it's maybe too much. The same seller has the same hat in black with red cherries, so am thinking of that. Also got a red velvet one and think maybe just black stockings.

Louise Anne

Suspended
You help is require with the finishing touches for two 1950's outfits.

I know the ladies here has a lot of expertises in the 50's I now need a few suggestion as to add the finishing touches to these two outfits.
Is there any thing which stand out as been wrong apart from a depart need for a good iron.

finishing.jpg
Thank you for reading this.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I LOVE the red outfit! I think the black outfit looks a little severe. Do you have a matching set of hat, shoes, bag in another color? It would look fab with a red or bright pink or even the right shade of teal or olive.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I agree with Kamikat and Puzzicato, the red one looks really cute, it emphasises your neat waist really well. I would also go for longer gloves too, but other than that it looks really good on you. You have very shapely calves by the way, i'm a little envious!:)

Louise Anne

Suspended
kamikat said:
I LOVE the red outfit! I think the black outfit looks a little severe. Do you have a matching set of hat, shoes, bag in another color? It would look fab with a red or bright pink or even the right shade of teal or olive.

No I do not , that is what wrong thank you you got me thinking now saying that it would be good for funeral I think!
but I not planning to go to one.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Miss sofia said:
I agree with Kamikat and Puzzicato, the red one looks really cute, it emphasises your neat waist really well. I would also go for longer gloves too, but other than that it looks really good on you. You have very shapely calves by the way, i'm a little envious!:)

I agree about your waist - artifice or nature it looks great in the red. Which makes me think maybe the black should be pulled in a bit more at the waist?

And I like the teal tint to the accessories. I like cream accessories on a black dress for day wear, but I guess that dress is a bit more after 5, isn't it?

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone!

Need some advice on this outfit. My husband and I are host/hostess at his sister's wedding a week from tomorrow. I have my dress and shoes and a few little accessories but I'm stuck on hosiery. I'd also like your opinion on the shoes... do they go? I had a bugger of a time finding a pair I like. I don't even know if these will fit but they're on their way!

Here's the dress:
347286972_o.jpg

Here are the shoes:
il_fullxfull.160092480.jpg

I'm filling out the skirt with a white crinoline. I'm wearing white vintage earrings, pearls, and I'm carrying a kind of oystery-colored vintage hand bag.

I'd like to wear some sort of textured tights but I'm worried that they'll be too busy or look weird at a wedding. I do, however, have some light scarring on my legs that I'd like to camouflage. Any suggestions?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I think the shoes and dress will be lovely together. I had a pair of nude textured tights that made me look like I had serious psoriasis, which has made me very nervous about textured tights! Can you just wear a heavier denier nude colour?

Louise Anne

Suspended
ZombieGirl said:
Hi everyone!

I'd like to wear some sort of textured tights but I'm worried that they'll be too busy or look weird at a wedding. I do, however, have some light scarring on my legs that I'd like to camouflage. Any suggestions?

If you wanted to wear sheer seamed nylons then there is a trick which you can use, which apart from myself I know a few models use and that's to wear a pair of sheer 10 Denier or less tights( panyhose) under the stockings
These are what I will be using for the same reason soon Sheer 10 denier tights
The thing is find a matt pair and in Lycra 3d or Micro fibre, the knitting patern is very close and acts like foundation for your legs.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hey there, good tip Paul, i do that if i ever wear fishnets, actually i would go with plain nude tights myself or a nude seamed stocking, otherwise it might start to look too busy in my opinion, the outfit is to die for though x

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the help! I'd definitely thought about layering... It's getting pretty chilly up here already and the wedding is on a river boat so we'll be outdoors at least part of the time. And I'm so glad you think the shoes work! I think I'm in love with them ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo