Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heron 1929 fqhh himel brothers leather co.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Just to share: some pics of my HERON 1929 - simply fantastic stuff!

Enjoy
:D

IMG_2823_zps2qhj6bw2.jpg

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
Amazing jacket! I love the shawl collar...it looks so stylish. Pockets and lining look great too! The top stichting appears to be very neat with short and tight stitches and they used a thread with a good gauge. I would love to to own that myself!!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Superb jacket!

The guy that makes these is a Lounger is he not?

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Love the look and only if it tapered in more, would I super love it.

That slightly boxy look is a deliberate part of the design - as I recall, these jackets were designed to replicate a Twenties design, which was worn close to the body in a tubular, 'sausage skin' kinda way rather than fitted in the way that a Thirties halfbelt as replicated by Aero, say, would be. There was a thread where that was discussed back when... oh, try here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52034-Opinions-on-HimelBros-1920-s-jacket-fit/page2

David Himel is a member here - username Himelator

When the dollar turns down again and I have a bit more cash to spare....

Superb jacket!

The guy that makes these is a Lounger is he not?

Yes, though I think he's more active over at the VLJ forum.

58panheadfan

One Too Many

There is already a thread explaining rrp about this jacket... http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52034-Opinions-on-HimelBros-1920-s-jacket-fit/page2

@HD: If I remember right, you are a happy owner of several aero's? For two aero's less you would get an heron ;) belive me, this jacket is, in my opinion, every penny worth, by craftsmanship and unique look (btw, I just sold an aero to get some spare to buy this jacket :D). I have seen it some time ago and this jacket couldn't get out of my head!

Don't get me wrong, nothing about aero (I owned about 25+ aero's plus 25+ other leather jackets from several manufacturer over last few years. For now I reduced my stock rigorous to 4 Jackets, why? I realized I'm only able to wear one jacket at once and all jackets I have, are made for a lifetime... but this is another story).

I belive, I will carry this jacket to my grave...

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Amazing jacket! I love the shawl collar...it looks so stylish. Pockets and lining look great too! The top stichting appears to be very neat with short and tight stitches and they used a thread with a good gauge. I would love to to own that myself!!

You are right Jan... only LW are able to be hold a candle to that craftsmanship (maybe beside from some japanese manufacturers)...

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Some more infos can be found here: http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/

Back in the day leather jackets were mostly work wear. Leather shells were super tough but often even after being resewn the linings were not either tough enough or warm enough for the inclement conditions that workers of the 1920s might have to endure. Often the jackets would go back the tailor to have a old tired blanket sewn in to provide extra warmth. What better way to keep a good and expensive garment working for you then to repurpose a warm old wool blanket into a liner.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic