Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
tumblr_l25sprRmlW1qzwdjso1_500.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
CherryRed those look super cute on you!

Lucky girl! Freddies fit me so weird... the hips fit but the waist is always big....oh well. [huh]

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
^^^^
I have gone mad for plaid! Now, if I could only look that good wearing it...or find some to fit for that matter! ;)

Cherry Red...You look fabulous in your Freddies! What kind of shoes did you pair with them? I was thinking about saddles but I might just go for a simple loafer.

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Everyone check out the new freddies line!

The freddies always cut me funny too btu they have come out with some new designed pairs for shorter ladies and curvy ladies, I would recomend getting the smaller pair, even if it takes a few weeks to stretch them out. I had to get a 26 waist rather than the 24 as my bum is huge and even the 26 inch ones were hard to squeeze my bum into but once you wear them in they are perfect! I'd recomend dry cleaning rather than washing too as the colour fades quickly!
Hope this helps xxx

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Everyone check out the new freddies line!

The freddies always cut me funny too btu they have come out with some new designed pairs for shorter ladies and curvy ladies, I would recomend getting the smaller pair, even if it takes a few weeks to stretch them out. I had to get a 26 waist rather than the 24 as my bum is huge and even the 26 inch ones were hard to squeeze my bum into but once you wear them in they are perfect! I'd recomend dry cleaning rather than washing too as the colour fades quickly!
Hope this helps xxx

Thanks for the head's up! I have standard hourglass proportions and the waist to hip ratio on their jeans just isn't big enough. I always have to get mine tailored, which is a major pain.

EDIT: pray tell, where are these on their site? I'm not seeing them.

Also, is anyone familiar with a repro jean line that doesn't have as tall of a rise? The rise on the Freddies jeans is too high for me. When they sit properly on my wait, they're too low in the crotch.

Last edited:

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I've had the best luck getting genuine 1950s jeans on ebay; I just got a cute pair lined with red tartan flannel for about $10 total! The catch was that the zipper was torn from the jean, but that was a quick sew-up, and otherwise they're in great shape. It seems like vintage jeans online are either CRAZY expensive (there's seriously a pair of vintage 50s "skinny jeans" for $500 right now) or dirt cheap with a few flaws.

For riding my horse and doing barn/farm chores, I wear boy's Wranglers!
http://www.cavenders.com/product.asp?cat=3&dept_id=4010&pf_id=13MWZBP
^^ I get those in size 16 slim; they're pretty authentic, and for about $20.00, not a bad deal; they last forever! The regular men's ones are great too, but I'm short, so boy's lengths are the only ones that fit me.

I'd like to buy the men's ones and see if they fit okay but I have no idea what an inseam is. I've got a 32 waist so I selected that then it asked me about an inseam and I'm lost. lol!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
I'd like to buy the men's ones and see if they fit okay but I have no idea what an inseam is. I've got a 32 waist so I selected that then it asked me about an inseam and I'm lost. lol!

The inseam is basically the leg length; you can measure it by taking out a pair of pants that fit you perfectly (especially in terms of length) and measure from crotch to the hem. Good luck!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
These are my flannel-lined 50s jeans from eBay; I still have this phobia of wearing jeans in public (trousers and nice shorts, I love, but denim makes me feel underdressed [huh] ). They're very cozy and cute for hanging around the home place, though.

You can see the big pockets in this one (ignore my weird ensemble, it's freezing here!):

Marla

A-List Customer
RodeoRose, your vintage pants are so cute! I fantasize about finding original, vintage denim but I'm not sure I'd ever be able to wear them in public. I feel under-dressed even in trousers, so I think denim jeans would just exacerbate this anxiety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner