Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman: Missed Bargain

garzo

One of the Regulars
Don't you just hate it when you buy a nice new jacket, then see the same one a little later at a considerably lower price?

I just picked up what I thought was a great deal -- the f/q jerky Aero Highwayman going for £230. It may not be 'cheap', but it's a lot less than other heavyweight Highwayman jackets.

But a few weeks later I spot a Highwayman on the Aero website sales section in my size for a mere £140 -- already sold!

D'Oh!

Actually, I saw that jacket previously going for £330, as i had considered getting it, but settled for the less expensive jerky f/q.

Frustrating.

I just wonder at the extreme disparity in price. How can they drop it in price so much? And how do some of these jackets differ from the standard discount jackets? In this case, the low-priced missed bargain was the better model -- cotton twill lining and silver hardware as opposed to wool blanket lining and brass hardware!

Oh well, I can't say i'm unhappy with my jacket . . . but still. . .:mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley