Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman Try-on Jacket.

Clever Trevor

New in Town
Can anyone tell me how to include photos from my IPad ?

Clearly , I'm not that clever .:(

( My name is Trevor - it's a reference to an Ian Dury and the Blockheads song )

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge.

With only three posts you may not have permission to post pictures. If you do, there is an image icon which is the fifth icon from the right on the tool bar. It is next to the smiley face. You may have to use a third party server, such as Photobucket. Good luck.

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
When you open the field for a post you find at the bottom in red "Upload file", here you can upload your pictures there is no need for a picture server.

I find using Imgur very easy:
Upload the images there...then copy the BB code and paste it into your post.
Voila! Photos appear.
If you use the Upload Photo feature here, it needs to be smaller than 1MB.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
First of all, welcome to the Lounge! The problem with using a web based format is the pictures disappear from your post when you delete your pictures on the website. I have used Photobucket in the past, and on one occasion introduced a nasty virus onto my computer. Thus I have found it best to click the "Upload a File" button and simply download from my desktop or iPhone, generally my desktop. I almost always click on the "Thumbnail" rather than "Full Size" option, having clicked on both illustrated below so you can see the difference. I also had to resize the pictures down 35% so they would upload. BTW this is a picture Murray from Aero sent me when he cut the patterns for my size 42 Teamster way back when.

2013-03-26 16.05.53.jpg
2013-03-26 16.05.53.jpg

Clever Trevor

New in Town
When you open the field for a post you find at the bottom in red "Upload file", here you can upload your pictures there is no need for a picture server.

I find using Imgur very easy:
Upload the images there...then copy the BB code and paste it into your post.

Voila! Photos appear.
If you use the Upload Photo feature here, it needs to be smaller than 1MB.[/QUOTE

Doesn't seem to work on my IPad - Doh !!!

Clever Trevor

New in Town
By George ! I think I've got it !!!
Thanks for the help ,chaps .
So, at last, what do you think of the fit of this try-on Highwayman?
It's a 38 in Steerhide.
Shoulder to shoulder ...18"
Pit to pit ...23"
Back... 25"
Sleeves ...25"

I was thinking maybe an extra 1/2" on the sleeves , to allow for creasing etc.
I think it looks too long at the back - my Aero motorcycle jacket has a 23" back and goes just past ( below) my belt.
I was originally after FQHH, but the Steerhide looks quite good ,and has had favourable comments on the lounge.
What do you think ?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 134
I would go with 1 more inch on the sleeves to compensate for the creasing but other than that, it looks great. Perfect even. Jacket length is okay, I would say. I mean, 24" would work but I'm not sure if it would necessarily be an improvement.

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
I like the jacket. I am nearly the same height and weight, on the pictures 2015 a little more weight ;) . I wouldn't change the length. Here you can see my 2 brown highwayman size 38 (one breast pocket) and size 36(2 pockets):

HWM38.1.jpg HWM38.2.jpg HWM38.3.jpg HWM36.1.jpg HWM36.2.jpg HWM36.3.jpg

Last edited:

Clever Trevor

New in Town
I like the jacket. I am nearly the same height and weight, on the pictures 2015 a little more weight ;) . I wouldn't change the length. Here you can see my 2 brown highwayman size 38 (one breast pocket) and size 36(2 pockets):

View attachment 58473 View attachment 58474 View attachment 58475 View attachment 58476 View attachment 58477 View attachment 58478
What hide are your jackets , and what lengths are the backs , and sleeves ?
Also, do you have the knitted cuffs in the sleeves , and do you think the jacket is better with or without them ?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think the knitted cuffs in the sleeves (storm cuffs) has two camps - one that likes storm cuffs and the other that doesn't. I am a member of the camp that doesn't as I have owned one HWM with and the other without, and found I much prefer no storm cuffs. If it's that cold, I simply layer a sweater underneath and wear gloves. Again, that's just my preference, and others here swear by storm cuffs.

BTW the HWM worn by @Insomnia appears to fit similarly to the op's fit HWM after the op's fit HWM has broken in. Both jackets IMO appear to fit very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner