Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
And yet another grey Stetson St. Regis homburg is rescued. This Ebay indulgence took a while by FedEx, really a slow boat this time. I have researched the original seller, McCue & Drummond in New York and it appears they were gone by 1946. The liner logo has the shield/stars as well as the sweat. Felt is in great shape, ribbon is pristine. The sweat needs some TLC, being a little dry.

View attachment 82407 View attachment 82408 View attachment 82409 View attachment 82410
Damn fine find sir!! She is a looker.

And yet another grey Stetson St. Regis homburg is rescued. This Ebay indulgence took a while by FedEx, really a slow boat this time. I have researched the original seller, McCue & Drummond in New York and it appears they were gone by 1946. The liner logo has the shield/stars as well as the sweat. Felt is in great shape, ribbon is pristine. The sweat needs some TLC, being a little dry.

View attachment 82407 View attachment 82408 View attachment 82409 View attachment 82410
Fantastic looking homburg, Mike. I really like the colour scheme of this one. Great find.

Resolut homburg in brown. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. There was a covering of some sort of the crown patch, but that is gone. The quality is "strand". There was a question on that with the other Resolut hat, because the label wasn't clear. I'm very pleased with this one and I like the curves it has. Late fifties to early sixties I believe.

resolut_02.jpg
resolut_01.jpg
resolut_03.jpg
resolut_04.jpg
resolut_05.jpg
resolut_06.jpg
resolut_10.jpg

Resolut homburg in brown. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. There was a covering of some sort of the crown patch, but that is gone. The quality is "strand". There was a question on that with the other Resolut hat, because the label wasn't clear. I'm very pleased with this one and I like the curves it has. Late fifties to early sixties I believe.

View attachment 82781 View attachment 82782 View attachment 82783 View attachment 82784 View attachment 82785 View attachment 82786 View attachment 82787
I absolutely love that color! Stupendous Homburg, envy, love, covet.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 82781 View attachment 82782 View attachment 82783 View attachment 82784 View attachment 82785 View attachment 82786 View attachment 82787
"I repeat myself..."

After some gentle stretching from Mike Miller, we saved the sweat in this c1946 Stetson St. Regis. It seems to have been stored for decades without any care, and it had shrunk to what felt like a size 7. Now it fits like a custom. Alas, with 90s predicted for the next few days, it will be going into it's hatbox (a nice Knox octagon sent by the seller as a bonus) until felt season comes.

20Aug17 St Regis noggin.jpg
20Aug17 St Regis in shadow.jpg

Stefan, Again super! Resolut was located next to Bad Homburg so a true Homburger Hut!

KarlCrow

One Too Many
After some gentle stretching from Mike Miller, we saved the sweat in this c1946 Stetson St. Regis. It seems to have been stored for decades without any care, and it had shrunk to what felt like a size 7. Now it fits like a custom. Alas, with 90s predicted for the next few days, it will be going into it's hatbox (a nice Knox octagon sent by the seller as a bonus) until felt season comes.

View attachment 82948 View attachment 82949
that looks wonderful

View attachment 82948 View attachment 82949
Great hat and great look, Mike. I guess you can't wait for fall to give the felts a go again.

I forgot that this Knox counts as a homburg as well. I posted it in the School of hard knox thread before, but here it is. Knox superfine in size 7 1/8. Brim at 7cm and crown at 11 cm at the pinch. This hat certainly makes a statement and I love the colour of it. Traded this one with lounge member Mike (michael78) for a Garant, which was a bit roomy for me.

knox_02.jpg
knox_01.jpg
knox_03.jpg
knox_04.jpg
knox_05.jpg
knox_11.jpg
knox_07.jpg
knox_09.jpg
knox_10.jpg

Another recent addition to the collection: Moores homburg in grey (have one of their homburgs in black too). The colour is called flannel on the label, which is interesting because a T&W Lees hat I posted recently had the same colour name, which makes me wonder if the dyes the factories used may have come from the same source. Size 57, bound brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Fairly stiff, even for a homburg, but very high quality hat. Moores was one of the largest of the English hat manufacturers. Located in Denton, near Manchester, where the factory still stands but is no longer in use of course.

moores grey_02.jpg
moores grey_01.jpg
moores grey_03.jpg
moores grey_04.jpg
moores grey_05.jpg
moores grey_06.jpg
moores grey_07.jpg
moores grey_08.jpg
moores grey_10.jpg
moores grey.JPG

Another recent addition to the collection: Moores homburg in grey (have one of their homburgs in black too). The colour is called flannel on the label, which is interesting because a T&W Lees hat I posted recently had the same colour name, which makes me wonder if the dyes the factories used may have come from the same source. Size 57, bound brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Fairly stiff, even for a homburg, but very high quality hat. Moores was one of the largest of the English hat manufacturers. Located in Denton, near Manchester, where the factory still stands but is no longer in use of course.

View attachment 84471 View attachment 84472 View attachment 84473 View attachment 84474 View attachment 84475 View attachment 84476 View attachment 84477 View attachment 84478 View attachment 84479 View attachment 84480
Great lines and obviously nice construction Stefan. I wonder about the age of this hat. The font used on the Moores logo has almost a 60s/70s vibe to it. Of course, there could also have been a much earlier use of this lettering, as this Flower Child era often imitated.

KarlCrow

One Too Many

View attachment 84471 View attachment 84472 View attachment 84473 View attachment 84474 View attachment 84475 View attachment 84476 View attachment 84477 View attachment 84478 View attachment 84479 View attachment 84480
*wipes brow, keep them coming.

Great lines and obviously nice construction Stefan. I wonder about the age of this hat. The font used on the Moores logo has almost a 60s/70s vibe to it. Of course, there could also have been a much earlier use of this lettering, as this Flower Child era often imitated.
Mike, thanks. Moores did not make it into the seventies: the company ended in 1966 when it became part of the Associated British Hat Manufacturers. I think this one dates somewhere between the mid fifties to the mid sixties. London was not yet swinging and I don't think the flower children were the intended customer for Moores hats. You don't see the cellofane covering of the crown patch on later hats because it was (and is) fragile. Even though Moores was a large manufacturer you don't see that many of their hats, so I don't have others (except the black one, which has the same lettering) to compare this one with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner