Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Time to put the homburg nation back in front. More and more people here on the lounge are pulled in so it seems. Here's a lovely new addition to my collection I bought this week. I handled it three times before and left it, because it's another black homburg and feels slightly tight. But it was still there this time and apparently it was meant to be. Scotson homburg in black, size 56. Brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Lovely feel to the felt and it has some of the springy-ness I know from my nutria hat. The liner has that fine detail the older hat-liners have. English make and imported into Finland. The label doesn't ring a bell.

scotson_02.jpg
scotson_01.jpg
scotson_03.jpg
scotson_04.jpg
scotson_05.jpg
scotson_06.jpg
scotson_08.jpg
scotson_09.jpg
scotson_10.jpg
scotson_11.jpg

Time to put the homburg nation back in front. More and more people here on the lounge are pulled in so it seems. Here's a lovely new addition to my collection I bought this week. I handled it three times before and left it, because it's another black homburg and feels slightly tight. But it was still there this time and apparently it was meant to be. Scotson homburg in black, size 56. Brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Lovely feel to the felt and it has some of the springy-ness I know from my nutria hat. The liner has that fine detail the older hat-liners have. English make and imported into Finland. The label doesn't ring a bell.

View attachment 106042 View attachment 106043 View attachment 106044 View attachment 106045 View attachment 106046 View attachment 106047 View attachment 106048 View attachment 106049 View attachment 106050 View attachment 106051
I am impressed with yet another Black Homburg from your quests. I have been searching for something on Scotson hats all night long with no results. All my Google-fu and back door search sleuthing has been coming up empty. Now to try some newspaper ad searches, hard to do with European digitized newspapers.

I am impressed with yet another Black Homburg from your quests. I have been searching for something on Scotson hats all night long with no results. All my Google-fu and back door search sleuthing has been coming up empty. Now to try some newspaper ad searches, hard to do with European digitized newspapers.
Mike, thank you. I always try myself to find information on the hatters, but I'm less succesfull than I'd like. I trust your skills as an historian better than my own, but more often than not they seem to have left very few traces.

Another one for inspiration. This was listed as a smaller hat and I did buy it thinking I could maybe use it for parts. Turns out it is in fact my size and after some brushing and steaming in fine shape too. Borsalino homburg in the colour nizza. Size 56 with the brim at 5,5cm and the crown 10,5cm at the pinch. Didn't have this colour before, so a nice addition. This one is actually dated: 1962. It came from the shop of Etienne Peppe, Antwerp, Belgium.

borsalino homburg nizza_02.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_01.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_03.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_04.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_05.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_06.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_07.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_08.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_10.jpg
borsalino homburg nizza_11.jpg

Another one for inspiration. This was listed as a smaller hat and I did buy it thinking I could maybe use it for parts. Turns out it is in fact my size and after some brushing and steaming in fine shape too. Borsalino homburg in the colour nizza. Size 56 with the brim at 5,5cm and the crown 10,5cm at the pinch. Didn't have this colour before, so a nice addition. This one is actually dated: 1962. It came from the shop of Etienne Peppe, Antwerp, Belgium.

View attachment 106190 View attachment 106191 View attachment 106192 View attachment 106193 View attachment 106194 View attachment 106195 View attachment 106196 View attachment 106197 View attachment 106198 View attachment 106199
Very interesting color name, haven't seen this one before. I like the intact oilskin on the liner tip. Very nice addition to the stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy