Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Apropos of this discussion, here's my 30's Stetson Standard Quality, dents added. I really like it.

5534f00b38837c6a1325446024.jpeg
randooch, Great Hom ! & the color pops out. Is it a cobalt blue?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful, Manfred, a nice present to find under the Christmas tree! It appears to be of '50s vintage based upon what I can discern from the sweatband and liner crest.

Thank you very much for the kind words about the Stetson and your guess about the age,Al. I really appreciate them.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice comments appreciated Al and Jeff. :)

Seabass, it's a true black, but you're right: the picture shows deep blue. Not sure why, when no flash was involved.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Didn't know if anyone had spotted this yet but Bates Hatters now have this wonderful looking tall homburg on their site. The site has also had somewhat of a facelift.

I was in the shop just before Xmas. The new soft Homburgs were absolutely beautiful, although I felt they were a little too soft. That said, I was almost tempted to part with my non-existent cash to buy a light brown one. I didn't try on the tall Homburg but they certainly look exciting. I am rather pleased that there is sufficient interest for them to introduce a new range of Homburgs in such a good choice of colours. When I bought mine from them a couple of years back, they just had the traditional black Homburg.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Seabass, it's a true black, but you're right: the picture shows deep blue. Not sure why, when no flash was involved.

White balance. Double check the WB setting on your camera to be certain that it is set to the correct lighting/exposure conditions.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bates Hatters has some neat looking stuff. I hadn't heard of them before. Thanks for posting the link! What I want to know is how I can get my cats to pose that way!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived from ejb-- Lee silver label homburg in "dusty sage." Here's a quick just-outta-da-box shot.

003copyp.jpg

More detail and comparisons to come. I love this color and it feels like it was made for my head. It has identical dimensions as my Brown Belamey 'Burg (only the Lee is a long oval), and I plan on swooping the brim a bit, just as I did on the Belamey. Also it's the same wonderful color as the old moth-eaten Biltmore I got rid of last summer.

Thanks, ejb!

Just arrived from ejb-- Lee silver label homburg in "dusty sage." Here's a quick just-outta-da-box shot.

More detail and comparisons to come. I love this color and it feels like it was made for my head. It has identical dimensions as my Brown Belamey 'Burg (only the Lee is a long oval), and I plan on swooping the brim a bit, just as I did on the Belamey. Also it's the same wonderful color as the old moth-eaten Biltmore I got rid of last summer.

Thanks, ejb!

Fantastic! Looking forward to more details!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
0032copy.jpg

Everything about this Lee appears to have been constructed with such care.

some inside shots that many of you may be interested in. I am particularly drawn to the "long oval" stamp right on the sweatband, and the tiny bow at the back of it seems impressively small and yet full. Actually it's a double bow.
0052copy.jpg

006copy.jpg

008copy.jpg

009copyn.jpg

010copyn.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
comparison: Lee and Belamey

Almost identical specs.
The finish on the Lee is a tad smoother, softer and more supple. The Belamey seems to have a bit more shellac in the felt, though both must be dense felt since they hold a dry crease famously.
011copyz.jpg

012copyd.jpg

013copyi.jpg

014copys.jpg

015copyh.jpg

And here's a shot from the summer before I sold that front row-- the sage homburg in the front of the photo was an old Biltmore that looks almost the same color as the Lee silver label. Incidentally, that's a Lee blue label fedora in what must be close to a black cherry color on top of the grill, in the front of the photo. Another hat I love even though it's too big for me!
colorcomparisons010.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers Bowlerman!
I liked it in the orginal for sale shot,
I like the pic on your head a lot.
I like it in the rain, on a train......

Why that hats color and style is just keen.

Best, Eric , who would love one of his own to put on on his bean. :p

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Almost identical specs.
The finish on the Lee is a tad smoother, softer and more supple. The Belamey seems to have a bit more shellac in the felt, though both must be dense felt since they hold a dry crease famously.

That's an amazing collection of Hats, Jeff.
The Homies, you are wearing, fits you very well. Looks like made specially ​​for you.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen!

Eric, I particularly enjoyed your Theodore Geisel moment! (yes, I had to look that up.) ;) I have to agree with Alan's sentiments with your hats and photos lately, too-- fine, fine, lids! As I just said to Chepstow, you are really on a roll!

Alan, thanks for the link-- alas, this one is "only" a silver label. I have yet to attain the elusive white or gold! :p

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Only a Lee Blue Label, but this black Kingway homburg is completing a trio of homburgs with nearly identical dimensions. I think I'm good on homburgs now, until I see one in the colors Al posted recently!
A little rippling of the sweatband, but other than that, it is in really impeccable condish.

001copyc.jpg

004copya.jpg

006copyb.jpg

007copyd.jpg

008copye.jpg

009copyz.jpg

010copyh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic