Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
Looking good, ManofKent, amazing how that color changes with the lighting. Last shots make it appear to have adapted to British weather. Happy birthday btw, and may I say TFL members wives seem to take great care of their hubbies! :D

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A pair of Homburgs arrived on Saturday - both NOS Canadian made Biltmore Imperials, but quite different hats.

Green and a bit dusty. Very decent felt, but the brim width will take a bit of getting used to - 3 1/2" including the binding... I wasn't expecting that :)

The other is 'Mist' - barely grey. More standard proportions, but the felt quality is a little disappointing:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic Richard, I am a bit jealous. The first one is an eye Catcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Manfred - they were both inexpensive gambles, the first one definitely paid off. The second will get the odd wear, but the quality is noticeably inferior.

Rehfus Hutfabrikanten Homburg, measures ~ 61cm, probably mid to later 1950s. The model name is actually "Homburg" and in very good condition. This is my first Rehfus & Cie. and it's very well made but a very large size.

14366072063_4045dfbd42_b.jpg

14345905705_725cba5181_b.jpg

14345923155_48886cc1df_b.jpg

14159339680_327dfb7f5c_b.jpg

14153269410_8c0fb7a4e4_b.jpg

14360073173_8a3408d99d_b.jpg

14339877155_5033c1ae9c_b.jpg

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Modern Homburg from Bates. Bought it a few years ago.

14346709032_7a2d6bebb3_c.jpg

14161801247_aa05e33e98_c.jpg

Follows the classic style, although the crown and band are both slightly smaller than those of the vintage Homburgs on so many pages of this thread.

NewJack

Practically Family
My first Homburg purchased from eBay: I'm certain I will love it more as I wear it! :cool: I understand Biltmore had something to do with Stetson (still researching!). This Duma Collection Collection is an African American owned and operated company that, according to the little placard, "create strong bonds between the people and culture of Africa and the rest of the world..." Hence the bow and inside liner treatment.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
My first Homburg purchased from eBay: I'm certain I will love it more as I wear it! :cool: I understand Biltmore had something to do with Stetson (still researching!). This Duma Collection Collection is an African American owned and operated company that, according to the little placard, "create strong bonds between the people and culture of Africa and the rest of the world..." Hence the bow and inside liner treatment. Quote]

What you were told was correct NewJack. The last owner of Biltmore before it went under was an African American who sold the company to Hatco and the equipment was moved to Texas I believe last year ( might have been two years ago). It's a shame he couldn't make a go of it but it's a tough biz.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Here there is a French Homburg. Tirard was the maker I guess in the 60-70 (but I'm not so able to date hats. My knowledge is not enough)
2mgoaic.jpg
The fur felt is thin and moderately pliable
6jio7n.jpg
It weight is 120 gr. and finishing is quite excellent
2u5g6pw.jpg
I like the color grey-blue and it's slender form, not so squat as others homburgs I saw or I own
154tuew.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
My cotributuon to the Nation;
My Cavanagh I've shown in the Cavanagh Club
_DSC1152closeup_zpse64de276.jpg

It looked like a basket case in the auction but cleaned up wonderfully
_DSC1119_zpsbc14c63b.jpg

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
My first Homburg purchased from eBay: I'm certain I will love it more as I wear it! :cool: I understand Biltmore had something to do with Stetson (still researching!). This Duma Collection Collection is an African American owned and operated company that, according to the little placard, "create strong bonds between the people and culture of Africa and the rest of the world..." Hence the bow and inside liner treatment. Quote]

What you were told was correct NewJack. The last owner of Biltmore before it went under was an African American who sold the company to Hatco and the equipment was moved to Texas I believe last year ( might have been two years ago). It's a shame he couldn't make a go of it but it's a tough biz.

Biltmore was bought by Drofman Pacific and was moved to the Milno Hat Company plant in Grarland TX just down the street from Hatco.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn