Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Too much birthdays parties in this month and only this morning I see these homburgs (my favourite hat)
They are really astounding. The three German-Austrian wise homburgs.
They are my size and this get me nervous :eusa_doh:
Compliments to Fastuni the lucky man

krasher

New in Town
Italian Argo Homburg

Found this one at a Fleamarket at a Rockabilly Festival in Germany, not sure about the age - 50s?

argo.jpg
argo1.jpg
argo2.jpg
argo3.jpg
argo4.jpg

Great Homburg! Cappellificio Albertini - Intra was the first hat (1862) factory in Intra, Italy. The most famous factory from the area being Cappellificio Panniza - Ghiffa (1881). It could be early 1950s but I couldn't find anything on when Cappellificio Albertini - Intra closed operations.

Last edited:
Looks great! It appears to have a shorter brim which is a nice alternative. My guess would be late 50s early 60s (based on style / construction) but I am not a Knox collector.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! Late 1950s, early '60s seems to be right. It does have a brown leather sweatband, which were supposed to be much more common before black became predominant during that same period, but the brim width was keeping in the style of the narrower looks of that time. It would be interesting to see if there is any evidence for the date of manufacture or the sale at the store, behind the sweatband.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Flechet & Tirard

These homburgs are in my collection from time, but I feel guilty 'cos I never show them to the loungers
They are both made in France during the fifties and sixties.
The Flechet is very close, less a low crown, to the "prototype" of the hat became famous as Homburg. The proportions are on the small side of this type of hat
2vvp05u.jpg

The felt is black short haired finish, really malleable. Interesting the ribbon and bow.
2qtk3lk.jpg

The second is a Tirard more traditional in proportions.
I shaped it with the two pinches. I like homburg in this way
2hp4ra1.jpg

The felt is a little more stiff than the Flechet. It is a pearl grey with a grey/pinkish ribbon
29kw137.jpg

In the next days they will arrive in French Hats and makers

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tirard Gris

Tirard gris made in France fifty years ago (estimated).
119ccnn.jpg

This is a "large brims" homburg made in medium medium grey fur felt
Curled brims are 6 cm. and crown at 11 cm. Ribbon is a melange between grey and pink
a795y.jpg

It was made by Tirard specialy for Chapellerie Meer that every years has its own hats collection.
wlavxu.jpg

2e55tfk.jpg

2nq8kqs.jpg

The felt treatement is waterproof
2hyumg1.jpg

Excellent finishing for an elegant frenchie homburg
2vl455e.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Flechet noir

Flechet homburg in black short haired finishing felt.
ieeaz9.jpg

It is small in size, very similar to a Lobbia, but not in the crown that is closest to the German forms form the beginning of the century.
3yosi.jpg

Brims are 4,5 cm and crown is 11,5 cm. High ribbon and a particular bow.
It is another special creation made by Flechet for the Chappellerie Meer in Strasbourg
xm0vbk.jpg

vmq35v.jpg

Also this homburg is finished to be wear under the rain.
2ylwyl4.jpg

The shape of the Flechet is very similar to the luxury German hats (then called homburg) from the end of 800'
2cpwz6b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails