Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Another hat I picked up last friday. Goldsiegel homburg in dark blue in a size 56 or 57 (two size labels in the hat). No other labels in the hat. Brim at 6cm and crown at 11 cm gives it a nice classic shape. A brand I haven't seen or heard of before, but a very well made hat (sweatband measures 6 cm for example) with beautiful felt in a nice colour. It fitted me like a glove, so why not? My guess is 1960's.

goldsiegel_01.jpg
goldsiegel_02.jpg
goldsiegel_03.jpg
goldsiegel_04.jpg
goldsiegel_05.jpg
goldsiegel_06.jpg
goldsiegel_07.jpg
goldsiegel_08.jpg
goldsiegel_09.jpg
goldsiegel_10.jpg

Karl, thanks. You don't see too many homburgs in other colours than black, so if I find any I'm always interested. The next one is even better I think. Don't touch that dial.

Last friday I picked up five hats for myself, four of which were homburgs. The Sedeco, Lembert and Goldsiegel I have already posted. So here's the last one. I spotted this one before while looking for hats and didn't bring it then. Regretted that and this time by luck it was still there. Wilson homburg in heathered grey, size 58 (but fits me very well with a couple of cork-strips). Brim at 5,5cm and crown at 10,5 cm. The sweatband is not in the best of shape, but other than that the hat is well preserved. I have another hat by Wilson and they are not the best of the British hatters, but this is a fine and well made hat. Judging by the lining it is one of their earlier hats after the war (I think fifties).

wilson homburg_01.jpg
wilson homburg_02.jpg
wilson homburg_03.jpg
wilson homburg_04.jpg
wilson homburg_05.jpg
wilson homburg_07.jpg
wilson homburg_08.jpg
wilson homburg_09.jpg
wilson homburg_10.jpg
wilson homburg_11.jpg

Last friday I picked up five hats for myself, four of which were homburgs. The Sedeco, Lembert and Goldsiegel I have already posted. So here's the last one. I spotted this one before while looking for hats and didn't bring it then. Regretted that and this time by luck it was still there. Wilson homburg in heathered grey, size 58 (but fits me very well with a couple of cork-strips). Brim at 5,5cm and crown at 10,5 cm. The sweatband is not in the best of shape, but other than that the hat is well preserved. I have another hat by Wilson and they are not the best of the British hatters, but this is a fine and well made hat. Judging by the lining it is one of their earlier hats after the war (I think fifties).

View attachment 75270 View attachment 75271 View attachment 75272 View attachment 75273 View attachment 75274 View attachment 75275 View attachment 75276 View attachment 75277 View attachment 75278 View attachment 75279
Love the finish and color, another great find.

Lukeiswho

New in Town
My second submission the Homburg Nation...

It's another Stetson Royal De Luxe St. Regis, in brown. The hat, the bow, and the binding are all different shades of brown, which is what caught my eye initially. I'm not positive as to the year, but I think it's pre-1960... hopefully someone can correct me? There are a lot of tags and markings, but I couldn't find a date stamp anywhere.

It came with the standard center crease, but it seems MUCH larger that than my other St Regis... (taller crown, wider brim) that I had to mash it into a shape that I feel comfortable wearing. I'm used to a trilby most times, and this one feels like a cowboy hat! But I do love it, and wanted to share.

Brown Stetson Homburg Bashed IMG_8856.jpg

Brown Stetson Homburg Bashed IMG_8848.jpg

Brown Stetson Homburg Bashed IMG_8858.jpg

Brown Stetson Homburg IMG_8816.jpg

Brown Stetson Homburg Tags.jpg

Brown Homburg ON IMG_8881.jpg

It's another Stetson Royal De Luxe St. Regis, in brown. The hat, the bow, and the binding are all different shades of brown, which is what caught my eye initially. I'm not positive as to the year, but I think it's pre-1960... hopefully someone can correct me? There are a lot of tags and markings, but I couldn't find a date stamp anywhere.

It came with the standard center crease, but it seems MUCH larger that than my other St Regis... (taller crown, wider brim) that I had to mash it into a shape that I feel comfortable wearing. I'm used to a trilby most times, and this one feels like a cowboy hat! But I do love it, and wanted to share.

View attachment 75287
View attachment 75288

View attachment 75289

View attachment 75290

View attachment 75291

View attachment 75292

Fantastic Find, Luke! I'm guessing it's from around 1950.

Love the finish and color, another great find.
Mike, thanks.

View attachment 75287
View attachment 75288

View attachment 75289

View attachment 75290

View attachment 75291

View attachment 75292
Great looking hat and great pictures too. It may take you a while to get used to the homburg style as it is. It does seem to make a statement, more so than a fedora does. Once you start wearing them regularly you will probably leave them as they are.

This thread almost falls off the second page. That cannot be right. Something must be done. Cornett homburg in grey (colour is called viersen), size 57. Brim at 5,5cm and crown at 11,5 at the pinch. The sweatband bow is loose at one point (still need to fix that). Despite having an Englsih sounding name, this hat is a German product. There was a period, I believe in the sixties and seventies, when the German companies started producing hats under different brand names, usually classy sounding English names. This is nothing luxurious, but still a well made hat.

cornett_01.jpg
cornett_02.jpg
cornett_03.jpg
cornett_04.jpg
cornett_05.jpg
cornett_06.jpg
cornett_07.jpg
cornett_08.jpg
cornett_09.jpg
cornett_10.jpg

Stefan, It was made by Wegener (see W Crown logo on liner, model name, paper label). Also most likely later 1950s maybe very early 1960s because the liner is stitched in. German hat companies such as Wegener went to glued liners in the early 1960s. It looks to have cheaper components and not featuring the Wegener name (just the W Crown logo). Is there a store / shop on the sweatband? Very interesting!

Last edited:

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Hello gents I am looking at purchasing my first Homburg and thought I'd ask my question here. I was recently introduced to the Hatco Stetson Outlet in Texas by Bob Roberts and I got a call back from them today as they have now got a Homburg in my size. It's a fur felt Stetson Homburg in Caribou. I'm curious if anyone could offer me a little advice. The price is $61.99 and I figured I couldn't go wrong just like on my Whippet I ordered.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hello gents I am looking at purchasing my first Homburg and thought I'd ask my question here. I was recently introduced to the Hatco Stetson Outlet in Texas by Bob Roberts and I got a call back from them today as they have now got a Homburg in my size. It's a fur felt Stetson Homburg in Caribou. I'm curious if anyone could offer me a little advice. The price is $61.99 and I figured I couldn't go wrong just like on my Whippet I ordered.
It's probably going to be a stiff hat, as many current production homburgs are. If you like the look of the hat and the color and are ok with a stiffer hat, I don't see why not. Just make sure there are not any glaring flaws. I believe it's abt a $200 hat. Caribou is a nice color.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
It's probably going to be a stiff hat, as many current production homburgs are. If you like the look of the hat and the color and are ok with a stiffer hat, I don't see why not. Just make sure there are not any glaring flaws. I believe it's abt a $200 hat. Caribou is a nice color.
Thanks Bob! I think it's a pretty sharp looking hat as the trim and ribbon are in a slightly different color grey instead of black. I don't mind a stiffer hat in most cases and it can't be any more rigid (I hope) than my Christys of London Bowler. My god that think is solid like a brick, lol. My wife is going to be angry with you Bob for introducing me to that Outlet lol! Let's just say I have an addictive, wait scratch that. Collective personality! (that sounds better) ;)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob! I think it's a pretty sharp looking hat as the trim and ribbon are in a slightly different color grey instead of black. I don't mind a stiffer hat in most cases and it can't be any more rigid (I hope) than my Christys of London Bowler. My god that think is solid like a brick, lol. My wife is going to be angry with you Bob for introducing me to that Outlet lol! Let's just say I have an addictive, wait scratch that. Collective personality! (that sounds better) ;)
Wlcm. Won't be as stiff as a Bowler and leave my name out of it and WHATEVER you do, do NOT tell her you gifted me a hat! And again, just have them go over the hat to let you kno what flaws (if any) are obvious.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Wlcm. Won't be as stiff as a Bowler and leave my name out of it and WHATEVER you do, do NOT tell her you gifted me a hat! And again, just have them go over the hat to let you kno what flaws (if any) are obvious.
I was just kidding, lol! She already knows I gifted you the hat. She was totally on board and was glad you really liked it. :) She just knows my tricks with getting such good deals and justifying multiple purchases, lol. I.E " But hunny this hat was like 75% off so that's why I ordered 4. Its buy one get three free".

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I was just kidding, lol! She already knows I gifted you the hat. She was totally on board and was glad you really liked it. :) She just knows my tricks with getting such good deals and justifying multiple purchases, lol. I.E " But hunny this hat was like 75% off so that's why I ordered 4. Its buy one get three free".
You're actually saving money. If you didn't buy these discounted hats now, you would have eventually ended up paying full retail for them in the future.
Just 1 more day! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21