Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Well we're here for the homburgs, so here's one I haven't posted before. That's not to say I haven't posted one like this before, because I have (I have two of these). Stetson Imperial homburg in black. Size 56 (6 7/8). Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. Made under license in England. These hats were made by Failsworth of Stockport. Fantastic quality hat. If I have my dating right this one is made somewhere between 1955 and 1965. Failsworth still exists, but makes mostly caps now and nothing near the quality they used to make.

stetson imperial homburg 56_1.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_3.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_2.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_4.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_5.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_6.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_7.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_8.jpg
stetson imperial homburg 56_9.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hückel Weilheim "Derby", 58cm probably later 1950s. I really like the form and high side dents. Also really like the ribbon felt color contrast. Hückel Weilheim made fantastic looking Homburgs.

36668837033_03a70beb55_b.jpg
Huckel has a particular shape of their homburgs, it is no doubt, but the colors of the felt, the trimmings and ribbon to conquer me

Here's another one I posted in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread. Borsalino Export Qualität in grey, size 57.The colour is called Uranio (Uranium) on the label. Bound brim at 5 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with transparant covering of the crown patch (unsure about the material). Liner states Qualitá Speciale. Sold by Ernst of Köln and Bonn. This one is a bit later (sixties or early seventies). Even though size 57 Borsalinos usually fit me, this one is a bit too wide for me (damn). Haven't put any side dents in this one yet.

borsalino uranio homburg_02.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_01.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_03.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_04.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_05.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_10.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_06.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_07.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_08.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_11.jpg

Posted this one in the Borsalino brotherhood thread as well. Borsalino Export Qualität homburg in brown, size 58.The colour is called Dattero on the label. Bound brim at 6 cm and crown at 11 cm in front. Lined with what used to be onionskin covering of the crown patch (only parts of that remain alas, because that stuff is really fragile). Liner states Qualitá Superiore. Sold by Specialhaus Globus. Mid fifties to early sixties. Great looking hat and if the last parts of the onionskin covering are removed a nice and clean liner remains.

borsalino dattero homburg 58_02.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_01.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_03.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_04.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_05.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_06.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_07.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_08.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_09.jpg
borsalino dattero homburg 58_10.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Posted this one in the Borsalino brotherhood thread as well. Borsalino Export Qualität homburg in brown, size 58.The colour is called Dattero on the label. Bound brim at 6 cm and crown at 11 cm in front. Lined with what used to be onionskin covering of the crown patch (only parts of that remain alas, because that stuff is really fragile). Liner states Qualitá Superiore. Sold by Specialhaus Globus. Mid fifties to early sixties. Great looking hat and if the last parts of the onionskin covering are removed a nice and clean liner remains.

View attachment 87720 View attachment 87721 View attachment 87722 View attachment 87723 View attachment 87724 View attachment 87730 View attachment 87731 View attachment 87732 View attachment 87733 View attachment 87734
Top drawer

View attachment 87720 View attachment 87721 View attachment 87722 View attachment 87723 View attachment 87724 View attachment 87730 View attachment 87731 View attachment 87732 View attachment 87733 View attachment 87734
Very nice Stefan. I'm a sucker for a brown Homburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails