Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

AEH

One of the Regulars
"HIS MAJESTY EDWARD VII. AT HOMBURG."

Got this postcard off eBay a few weeks ago. Issued in "The Star Series" by G. D. & D., London, but "Printed in Bavaria".

edwardVII.jpg

His Majesty really appreciated a tall crown on his hat!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Great shot AEH. Yep, the king liked a crown fit for a ...well....king!

Gotta say I prefer the Banjp Paterson variation but King Edward's early homburg does reflect its German origins....and it did start the fashion frenzy we're still enjoying today.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
THe HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOMBURG thread is up and running. Join in the celebration by posting your pics and information on all things Homburg - the hat, its creators, history and birthplace!

epic610

One of the Regulars
Hey Not-Bogart....

if you don't leave the house you will never know the true power of the homburg and how it instills fear and respect among the public....

munchausen

One of the Regulars
My new St Regis

I got this Stetson St Regis last week and I love it. Can't wait to wear it in public (without a t-shirt and hoodie). It's in great nick and has a very deep blue in proper sunlight.

Hail to the homburg!

3900199144_da0e8432d8_m.jpg

3899416251_0b11c14a61_m.jpg

And on a noggin shot. I actually like how the brim off sets thick eyebrows.
3899419871_91f5114200_m.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am posting several views of this hat as requested in the New Hats thread. It is a Mossant homburg I recently obtained from HPG. I believe it came originally with a thin ribbon, very similar to the OR size, but Gene replaced it with a wide ribbon. The question was,"Is that really a homburg?" I experimented with trying to snap down the brim in front but the upcurl on the sides makes it look like a corn scoop. I think the front appears to have a bit less upright curl that the rear due to its wearers tugging down slightly on the front to straighten it every time it is donned. The hat is very soft and pliable, unlike most other homburgs I have seen, but it Mayserwegener posted an older Habig in this thread which has the same look.

Mossant:

MossantStetsondetail011.jpg

MossantStetsondetail013.jpg

MossantStetsondetail015.jpg

MossantStetsondetail016.jpg

MossantStetsondetail016.jpg

MossantStetsondetail018.jpg

Here it is being worn at several angles:

MossantStetsondetail002.jpg

MossantStetsondetail010.jpg

MossantStetsondetail009.jpg

munchausen

One of the Regulars
babs said:
Nice hom'.

"It's in great nick"

...I love learning the language in this forum from you guys "down under". :)

Thanks babs. I sometimes forget to monitor colloquialisms, but glad it helps. Been enjoying your hat acquisitions in the various threads by the way.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

This is a not often seen style of homburg, a milan straw one - a present-day product by Dobbs, in a colour they name "copper", with dark brown ribbon:

DSC_0726bb.jpg

(Not that any style of homburg may be considered "often seen" nowadays... :) )

babs

A-List Customer
munchausen said:
Thanks babs. I sometimes forget to monitor colloquialisms, but glad it helps. Been enjoying your hat acquisitions in the various threads by the way.

Thanks.. I've gotta get some pic's done of the new stingy Cav' Edge I picked up. Amazing.. Such an old hat, but it's like a brand new-in-box off the shelf. Waited many years for me to wear it I guess. Can't wait until cold weather now. :)

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Torpedo...

Thanks for posting! That is one beautiful homburg. I didn't even know Dobbs made one like that...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
Hi,

This is a not often seen style of homburg, a milan straw one - a present-day product by Dobbs, in a colour they name "copper", with dark brown ribbon:

DSC_0726bb.jpg

(Not that any style of homburg may be considered "often seen" nowadays... :) )

Dude! That is so cool!!!! I must get one of those! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot