Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide Racer with no chest pockets? Help me find one.

trouble

New in Town
Hey everyone,
I was referred here from another forum, and WOW do you know your jackets. There's an astonishing amount of knowledge here.

I'm looking for a horsehide cafe racer with no chest pockets - my old steer racer doesn't have them and I prefer the way it looks. Any suggestions? I'm sure Schott or Aero could do something custom, but I'd love to stay closer to the Schott RTW price. It's just for around town, not for riding.

Looking forward to hearing your input!
best,
T

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Go for a Langlitz Crescent. Not HH (unless you order from JP) but steer that by many accounts is as good or better quality. Sharp sharp jacket

C735DE69-D022-4127-926F-7E8BDE2674CC-13120-00000F8F64FBED20-1.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you are set on a horsehide cafe racer with no chest pockets, your best bet is to order from Aero, specifying no breast pockets when you place the order. You can order MWHH or FQHH but recommend the FQHH. I am very partial to Aero's vintage FQHH and have a Highwayman in black vintage FQHH that is my favorite. Be sure though to give your measurements to Holly before proceeding.

Peacoat

Bartender
If you are set on HH, your options are extremely limited at the price you are looking for. If steer is a possibility, then take a look at Johnson Leather Co. in San Francisco. It does quality work with a fairly quick turnaround time. Their jackets are made to order, and they will do minor modifications at no charge. Eliminating a pocket is one such modification for which there is no charge.

Stock number N-200 is a cafe racer you might be interested in. The link is below.

http://www.johnsonleather.com/jackets.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay