Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about that vintage western look

I have 3 vintage Wrangler flannel pearl snap Blue Labels I bought 25+ yrs ago, stripes mostly. I’ve been looking for plaids & got this one. It’s a nice shirt but the flannel is lightweight.

View attachment 537233

I’ve been searching for anything from the Wrangler American Cowboys label series but they are just not out there.

View attachment 537234
The wrangler stuff is pretty classic, and some of their newer retro style shirts look great. Their sizing is weird and doesn't work for me, unfortunately (or fortunately...for my bank account at least) an xl is too small but an xxl is waaay too big for me. I guess I need to either eat less or a whole lot more.

The wrangler stuff is pretty classic, and some of their newer retro style shirts look great. Their sizing is weird and doesn't work for me, unfortunately (or fortunately...for my bank account at least) an xl is too small but an xxl is waaay too big for me. I guess I need to either eat less or a whole lot more.
I can wear an XL & I look for both. But since I wear it most unbuttoned as a cover shirt/jacket I know the XXL will fit over anything & not look baggie.

Manuel Cuevas
1691199000461.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3543227429.../98A8cC/n9nfXHXyvj/ouowG6w==|tkp:BFBM6NK8tLhi

You can see that’s high quality just by the piping.
Manuel was the son-in-law of Nudie Cohn. He's the man who made Elvis's jumpsuits and who convinced Johnny Cash to start dressing in all black. He also made all those killer jackets Dwight Yoakum wore. He had his own line of off the shelf western wear back in the mid - late 90s. Those shirts ran about $400 back then.

Edward

Bartender
I expect they'd be crazy money to buy or have custom made, but I'd love to have a pair of boots matching these:

1691586885913.png

These Acme boots are the same pattern and colourway as the ones worn by Meatloaf as Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Eddie started off as a Teddy boy in the original London production, but when the show went to The Roxy in LA for its first run in 1974, the decision was made to transform him into an American style greaser, in the belief that the Teddy Boy look wouldn't carry, culturally speaking. This bled over into the film costumes when they hit the set in Autumn 1974. MeatLoaf, then still several years pre-Bat out of Hell, had played the dual roles of Eddie & Doctor Scott in the Roxy; for the film, original London narrator Jonathan Adams was drafted in to be Scotty (or should I say.... Doctor VON Scott? et cetera), so Meatloaf's appearance in the film is limited to the three, glorious minutes of Hot Patootie, Bless My Soul. One of the best standalone numbers in the entire picture / show, but I digress.... For whatever reason (variously explained over the years as being much easier to dance in than engineer boots, Meatloaf's own Texan background, and what was available as cheaply as possible given the miniscule budget the film was cut to when the creatives insisted on using their own, stage- derived players ahead of the studio wanting to cast a Bowie or a Jagger in the leads), the screen take on Eddie ended up in cowboy boots. And some looneys (including me) have had half an eye out for an identical pair ever since the DVD first came available in 2000, allowing us a clear look at stills of the boots in detail.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
1940’s Levi Strauss pre snap gabardine shirt on eBay right now. Great price but too damn small for me. If it’s your size doubt you’ll ever find a better deal.
View attachment 531792 View attachment 531793
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1260095879...Y9BVxGkSP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I meant to thank you for sharing this one, I ended up buying it and luckily it fits! Will post some pics once it cools down a wee bit more, a little tight in the shoulders but I’m making it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925