Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about the WORST ads?

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I know this is a spoof, but I have always thought this was funny:

i_lard.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
This one is really bad (no, it's not a joke):

555882312_Big.jpg

Not really neseccary commenting I guess.....

In case anyone misses the point it's an ad for razorblades.

Regards.

Jakob

byronic

One of the Regulars
When I see some of these ads I don't know whether to laugh or cringe. I have since lost it but I once had a teach-yourself-to-drive manual from the fifties. Its main appeal lay in the pictures of veteran cars and street scenes within its pages, but I was also fascinated by the blurb on the back: 'Save pounds on expensive lessons! Guaranteed to pass your driving exam first time! Driving explained simply for all to understand- EVEN YOUR WIFE!! -so the publishers were assuming not only that the little wife couldn't drive, but also that her husband would be buying all the books.
I should like to add that I do not share this attitude to female drivers, I once had a neighbour, a slip of a girl in her twenties who drove a huge truck with 16 gears. But even by the early 70's some advertisers still had the same dreadfully patronizing approach in their understanding of the relationship between the fairer sex and all things mechanical, in this ad it is implied that ladies are unable to handle manual gear changes without going completely to pieces. But just look at those rings- I would think twice before criticizing her driving- they're like knuckledusters!
miniDM2711_468x413.jpg

funneman

Practically Family
HadleyH said:

I had a post on this thread wondering about advertising featuring animals eating each other, but I've never seen an ad where the animal actually prepares itself!!!:eek:

This is unbelievable! lol

Where on earth did you find this?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
funneman said:
I had a post on this thread wondering about advertising featuring animals eating each other, but I've never seen an ad where the animal actually prepares itself!!!:eek:

This is unbelievable! lol

Where on earth did you find this?

It's unbelievable isn't it!!!! Beyond comprehension really lol, omg i shouldn't laugh!!!! :eek:
I found it online somewhere

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy