Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about the WORST ads?

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Better Homes & Gardens, October 1939.

leadpaint.jpg

MPicciotto

Practically Family
I've heard that it taste like chocolate. Which if true would help to explain a lot. As I don't think eating paint chips is a natural desire, it wasn't of my youth. But if those paint chips were yummy...

Matt

D

DeaconKC

I'm pretty sure a lot of my clients must have been weaned on paint chips.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are a few more that appear on the same site that it looks like many of you have seen. I'm not sure if these are real or just the result of photoshop.
marlboro.jpg

thorazine.jpg

thisisthelife.jpg

shemaylookclean.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Car Card, ca. 1960

952586251_d7f9a3ef67.jpg

Could the artist possibly have picked a more grisly spot color?

Note that the car's shadow is black. The man's shadow is black. The kid's shadow...please tell me that is a shadow...:eek:

59Lark

Practically Family
would you like some cocaine cola.

When i was reading all of this and seeing that deadly stuff used to be in everyday products it reminded me of cocaine in the early coke cola, we used to like so deadly stuff, times have changed thank God. 59Lark.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
59Lark said:
When i was reading all of this and seeing that deadly stuff used to be in everyday products it reminded me of cocaine in the early coke cola, we used to like so deadly stuff, times have changed thank God. 59Lark.

The curious thing is that technology and common knowledge are always changing. Who knows what ingredients in our supplies and food, or behaviors/actions that we take today will turn out to be hazardous to our health and wellbeing in the future.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We seem to know about many of them already, but have decided that there isn't "sufficient proof" to take them out of our products. However, 5 people die from food poisoning, and I can't buy certain, later exonerated, produce for a month. Aluminum in antiperspirant when it might cause Alzheimer's, those cancer warnings on Sweet and Low, and the miracle of high fructose corn syrup will be some of the things that the next generation laughs about the way we laugh about lead and cocaine.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
There's still lead in some shades and brands of red lipstick.

Fletch, I have to tell you, I actually like that street-crossing poster. It's very, pardon, striking.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
952586251_d7f9a3ef67.jpg

Could the artist possibly have picked a more grisly spot color?

Note that the car's shadow is black. The man's shadow is black. The kid's shadow...please tell me that is a shadow...:eek:

Actually i think it's a great ad.. It tells parents to watch out for thier children!

But it is a bit grisly too but it sure gets the point across.. No manby pamby inuendo there....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran