Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"How Hot Is It"

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It's so hot I sweat just lookin' at a leather jacket.

A horse stopped by and offered me his hide for free...

Put a fan in the closet to keep the hides from sweatin

No leather for me lessen I get a leather speedo for swimmin.

Worf

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Heatwave here in the UK as well.
Sitting in the shade , sipping some ice-cold Pimm's , watching the Open golf on the TV ,
whilst listening the the Lords test match (that's cricket to you stateside) on my iphone .
The only leather on my mind is that covering the cricket ball that's currently bowling out the Aussies..

fashion frank

One Too Many
Going to hit 96 F. here today or higher ,but with the heat index the "feel like "temp is suppose to be 105 F.

All I can say is that it beats the hell out of a snowstorm !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

The chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs!
We've been 90º-102º for the last two weeks - so far, eggs not hard boiled, but the girls are pretty quiet. Luckily they've got shade and lots of water. I put my jackets in the closet. I can't stand the thought of them right now lol

We've been between 95 and 112 for the past three weeks. 105 today and 107 tomorrow before we cool down to mid to upper nineties for probably the rest of the summer. It's just another typical summer around here.
:D

schitzo

Suspended
Don't listen to them Worf I think you'd look very good in some leather speedos.

And I'll bet Sloane and Edward agree lol

Stand By

One Too Many
Give me -40C over +40C any day. At least I can do something about that - and wear an extra layer. And -40C makes me feel alive, you know? It shocks the system and it's all a bit exciting (plus I get to wear the gear that suits me best, I think) ...
But this?!? It's the wretched humidity! I just wilt and fade in a state of sweating torpor - nothing exciting about it - and nothing to do except forgo style for function and break out the Crocs and the After Bite for where the mosquitoes have got me.

I'd've been useless fighting in the steaming jungles of Vietnam or Burma, me. Or the baking desert in North Africa. Poor buggers, the lot of them. As if fighting an enemy who's trying to kill you wasn't enough to contend with ... I take my hat off to them all.

Last edited:

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Most of my business associates in England don't have Air conditioning typically, so they are melting.
Sorry guys. But, we are having a mild summer, with lots of rain here in Tennessee. I can't complain about the daily thunderstorms.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey.... If it takes the thought of me doin' a Johnny Weismeuller to lighten the mood 'round here then ah'll dood it!!! I'm at work and for the sake of the electric grid in New York state, they'ver turned down the A.C. and shut off most of the lights... Welll at least no one can see me sweat now!

Worf

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've not had opportunity to wear a leather for weeks now, too hot even for my L2B. C3 vest got a brief look in but even that was too much...supposed to be getting even warmer next week...reminds me of the summer of 76...roads melting etc. :cool:

road.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn