Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many jackets have you owned?

SJC

Suspended
I have two jackets worth mentioning. A Schott 641 and a Vanson America ( model B ) jacket. Very happy with them both. I want to get a horsehide in something from somebody next year....
How is the Vanson Model B ? I was thinking about a Vanson Comet next since I am so addicted but was bummed it didn't have side pockets.

How is the Vanson Model B ?

Possibly the best leather jacket you can buy.

I had one, it was a size too small which is why we had to part ways but it was the best jacket I have owned, hands down. Right up there with Langlitz.

Best part; given time, it will even look better than any fancy fancy leather out there. . .
20150707-untitled-223.jpg

. . .but that's probably something your grandchildren will get to see.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Possibly the best leather jacket you can buy.

I had one, it was a size too small which is why we had to part ways but it was the best jacket I have owned, hands down. Right up there with Langlitz.

Best part; given time, it will even look better than any fancy fancy leather out there. . .
20150707-untitled-223.jpg

. . .but that's probably something your grandchildren will get to see.
The leather on your model B looks fantastic..........I can only hope mine turns out as good. How old was the jacket at the time of this photo ?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
How is the Vanson Model B ? I was thinking about a Vanson Comet next since I am so addicted but was bummed it didn't have side pockets.
Let me tell you that the model B is great!!! It is thick!! It is 8 lbs of serious MC leather. Feels and looks great on. Really happy with it!! I hope the leather matures as well as Monitor's.

Reactions: SJC
The leather on your model B looks fantastic..........I can only hope mine turns out as good. How old was the jacket at the time of this photo ?

Sadly, this isn't my jacket. It one belongs to the Rideapart.com dude. It's a few years old but he's taken a couple of serious spills in it and the jacket has seen some restoration which sped up the process.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Not that it matters because it's the leather were interested in but........I think the jacket in the photo is a model A.

lol yeah, it's Model A but they've basically the exact same front so... :) I am actually giving a slight edge to Model A 'cause of the full action back and a somewhat more biking friendly cut but I've had both and they are equally outstanding jackets for riding and otherwise.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
When I was at Vanson's a few months ago, I tried on the A. The size 42 had a back length of 27.5" !! Way too long for me. The B has 26", and I like the way the B looks in the back better than the A.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Monitor I thought I recoignized the Model A, I had one of those in Pre-Lounge days. Bought for $200 second hand and hardly any wear in at all. However it was way too large, boxy and like was said the back was almost 28" long in a Size 46 model. Just wound up selling it after trying and trying to convince mysef it would be ok.

Last edited:
"Competition weight leather chromexcel style tanned by local Massachussetts tannery"?
I think that jacket is made with the Z-150. It's a slightly "lighter" hide than the full comp weight...I had a Derby in it...really great stuff and more than heavy/thick enough for my liking...can't wait to see more pics Nick. Love the plaid too! I believe this jacket is SOLD OUT and no longer available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo