Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many types of jackets do you own?

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Thanks. Its a bit on the heavy side. Heavier than their standard seal. I think when Paddy (RMNZ) made the jacket I got the last of this particular horsehide. She sent me some samples and this is the stuff I liked. It wears to a light base. I personally like a little heavier hide though most originals usually had thinner hide. The hide has relaxed allot more since the photos.

Chris217

New in Town
The one thing I don't like about my ELC Star A-2 is the horsehide is smooth, there's not a lot of the natural wrinkling. From what I see in the pictures of your Dubow, there's much more natural wrinkling, and the Crown Zip is the cat's meow!

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Chris thanks and the grain has become much more pronounced since the photos. RMNZ has a really nice russet right now. Paddy sent me a sample a few months and its a real nice chocolate. You used to be able to ask for grainy hide from them to. RMNZs sizing is very small (asian market) My Dubow is a 54 in RMNZ sizing which is a 50 US sizing.

Chris217

New in Town
I got the 2 tone russet/seal. The only problem is it rarely gets cold enough down here in Georgia to wear it much.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I wear mine while skiing.

greg_and_bomber.jpg

...along with gunner's mitts, A-11 pants, silk scarf, flight suit, goatskin M-65 field jacket, and a very silly grin.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
I'm a jacket collector,basically. Lately I have gone on a Filson buying binge. I currently have:

-Filson tincloth field jacket
-Filson Klondike tincloth jacket
-Filson shelter cloth jacket
-Filson Mackinaw cruiser
-zip-in wool liners,both vest and coat style, for the Filson jackets
-Pendleton wool mackinaw
-Barbour Moorland
-repro A2

That's my winter "rotation",as far as jackets go.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Raise the game with this great jacket thread...

I've been loving this thread since it started. But, and this is a BIG BUT...you guys are teasing the living daylights out of me (and I'm sure I'm not alone!) when you tell me the type and manufacturer name of your lovely jackets, but I don't know what they look like!

Maybe I'm just a 'visual' kinda guy, but photos/images of things are important to me in getting the feel for something, especially vintage styled jackets. I especially love the old leather flying jackets!! hint, hint.

I know it takes a little bit more effort to post some pictures chaps, but believe me, you'll get a ticket to heaven on it!! the guys will love you and there will be ticker tape conquering hero cavalcades for you through the streets of New York and London!

So let's see a few of those babies!!

As for me..I don't have a problem, just a good shrink!!

indyjim

Familiar Face
Wow, Paddy! That is an outstanding collection of pictures. :eusa_clap
I'm going to have to spend more time and go through them again.

Stony

New in Town
Repro A-2--->ELC Cable & Averix
Original A-2--->27798 Dubow & Spiewak
Original G-1--->B-G Inc. 55J14 & 1972 Brill G-1
Repro L-2--->Buzz Rickson
Civilian LW Foster Kahki flight jacket

(Everything else isn't worth mentioning)

jeansfetishist

New in Town
1 G-1 Navy leather flight jacket, Vietnam era
2 Levis 507xx's (type II) 1954, 1959
2 Levis trucker jackets (type III), one Big E, one small e 1965, 1980
1 Carhartt duck ranch jacket
1 Mercedes jacket
1 London Fog windbreaker
8 sport coats
2 shearling lamb car coats
1 Harley black horsehide motorcycle jacket, 1960

Always looking for more

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

60's wool car coat (my current fave)
2 London Fog trench coats
Flight Suits (Gibson & Barnes) goat expedition (Indy-Raiders)

Rarely Wear:
Eddie Bauer denim
Brown Leather Trench I bought in Korea
Star Trek DS9 crew jacket
Star Trek 6 crew jacket
down hooded parka (used mostly for camping)
modern kind of poncho thing from the S.S. Norway
40's wool overcoat (needs moth holes fixed)

I toy with the idea of getting a G1.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have two standard jackets for winter (I feel so boring compared to you guys!), a woollen jacket we refer to as a Canadian jacket here in Australia, like a zip-up 'Ricky' jacket but in grey/black/brown wool plaid, and a brown Aero Half-Belt I bought last year and delight in wearing at every given opportunity.

I also have a black 'Brando' style leather jacket made by R-Jays in Australia, a really good steerhide jacket, and a cream vintage 50's Ricky jacket, but i wear those less often.

I'd love a blue Aero gab jacket, but I doubt it's going to be happening this year; all my dough is being channelled into home renovations. I need a roof over my head more than I need another jacket!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats