Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much this jacket worth?

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Atkins,

I'm not all that up to speed on Avirex jackets, but if you're looking for an authentic G-1 or A-2, I wouldn't consider them for very long. It looks like a hodgepodge of patches someone stuck on the jacket in random order to fill space. They appear Russian as does the blood chit. Not sure what look they were trying to achieve, but the result is quite gaudy in my opinion. Take a look at Aero Leather or Eastman Leather for some nice reproductions. If they are too far out of your budget (the dollar really stinks now) I would suggest taking a look on eBay for a good deal. You may want to even consider Lost Words or maybe some other U.S. manufactures like Gibson & Barnes (formally known as Flightsuits) they make some real nice G-1s and they are still fairly reasonable. You can even have it customized with the patches you want. Look around and compare, you'll be much happier with something else other than an Avirex.;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sound advice.

I can't add to that. Other than look on Ebay at later originals (60's onwards) in the G-1's, as they are not on the whole commanding big prices right now. :)

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Ahhhhh......

I see, I never answered your original post. I take it you want to sell it right? As I have read the same post somewhere else, only stating you want to sell it.

OK, well it all depends on your audience. I'd throw it on eBay with an opening bid of 49.99 and see if you got any bids. Like I said, a collector wouldn't buy it, nor someone looking for authenticity, but maybe someone looking for a jacket just to wear and not to concerned with stitch for stitch detail. Good luck.

atkins

Familiar Face
Yep, trying to sell it...

Estevan said:
I see, I never answered your original post. I take it you want to sell it right? As I have read the same post somewhere else, only stating you want to sell it.

OK, well it all depends on your audience. I'd throw it on eBay with an opening bid of 49.99 and see if you got any bids. Like I said, a collector wouldn't buy it, nor someone looking for authenticity, but maybe someone looking for a jacket just to wear and not to concerned with stitch for stitch detail. Good luck.

Thank you Estevan,

Being new guys to this world of 40's style, we ( my buddy ,the actual owner of the G-1 and i ) thought that this G-1 is a treasure we found in local flea market. We searched and searched and had no luck finding any info of it in the net. It's a swimming pool for either of us so he decided to sell it.

I'll try ebay...

Regards,
Atkins

atkins

Familiar Face
riginal

PADDY said:
I can't add to that. Other than look on Ebay at later originals (60's onwards) in the G-1's, as they are not on the whole commanding big prices right now. :)

Paddy, i am really sure this jacket is lamb hide ( comparing to another friend lamb jacket ), original G-1 was supposed to be in goatskin, correct?

atkins

Familiar Face
Do not hesitate to call us at 1-800?....

dhermann1 said:
What does the patch on the left say? The one that has "Do not hesitate to . . ."?

dhermann,

Not having the actual jacket right now at my side, but I believe it says,"

" IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US AT 1-800-294-XXXX "

Regards,Atkins

Estevan

One of the Regulars
atkins said:
Thank you aswatland, that is good news........

I think 80 would be on the high end. Not a good time to sell anyway, wait till fall. Collector jackets aren't cyclical, but these non-collector types are. IMO, wait to the cooler months.

atkins

Familiar Face
duh....when will it be cooler

Estevan said:
I think 80 would be on the high end. Not a good time to sell anyway, wait till fall. Collector jackets aren't cyclical, but these non-collector types are. IMO, wait to the cooler months.

Duh ....guys.....all we have down here is bright sun all year...
And i'm not familiar with your 4 seasons... Estevan,would you like to educated this boy:eek: .... Is it going like this...summer,fall,winter,spring ?

Best regards y'all

atkins

Familiar Face
I got more education here ....

Thanks Estevan. I'll advise my buddy so...anyway i have to work out my paypal.

Regards,
Atkins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran