Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear a hat?

How often do you wear a hat?

• Total voters

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Every day. The only question is what type. For outdoor work, weather permitting (which means not arctic) I wear a cowboy hat. For my town job, most days, I wear a newsboy or perhaps my fedora, although I'll admit that recently I've been wearing ball caps for many in town casual occasions, or to go to work with, as I have some nifty ones.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I never leave the house without one. I just don't feel complete without a lid on my noggin, like I forgot something. The hat can be a fedora, a flat cap/newsboy or maybe even a bergmutze and it will depend on the weather on which kind, but there is always some sort of topper. Ball caps are left for yard work in the back yard.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

Pat_H

A-List Customer
I never leave the house without one. I just don't feel complete without a lid on my noggin, like I forgot something. The hat can be a fedora, a flat cap/newsboy or maybe even a bergmutze and it will depend on the weather on which kind, but there is always some sort of topper. Ball caps are left for yard work in the back yard.

Cheers!

Dan

Where would a person find a bergmutze or feldmutze that was a general civilian cap, and not reenactors hat? They're a lot like Filson's winter cap or the winter engineer cap we see around here, of course.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Where would a person find a bergmutze or feldmutze that was a general civilian cap, and not reenactors hat? They're a lot like Filson's winter cap or the winter engineer cap we see around here, of course.

Actually the Bergmutze I picked up was one of the one you get on ebay from one of the reenactors stores (Hiki Shop). I just cut off the stitched on BEVO insignia, and voila, instant civilian alpine cap. I also have a black panzer feldmutze with no insignia on it at all, and I always get compliments on it.
You can also find one at Hessian Antiques with no insignia on it. Just a plane Jane bergmutze. both are of decent wool and the stitching work is well constructed. I think that they will last a very long time.

Cheers!

Dan

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
I dont leave the house with out a hat, but the only time i wear them in the house is when im working on it or stretching it. for some reason the only hats i could picture myself wearing inside my own home would be a smoking hat a night cap or perhaps a fez.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Would it be logical to assume that when talking about 'wearing a hat,' it is when we leave the house, even if only to go out in the yard, and not actually in the house? Iow, I wear a hat everyday, but I leave the house every day, as well. If I am home sick for the day (and the house is not too cold), I would not be wearing a hat that day, but men in the GE generally didnt wear hats in the house, correct? That would still be wearing a hat every day, afaic.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Well, I am certainly glad of that. I did not realize that he had said that in the past. I hadn't seen his post saying so. For the record, I was not picking on him, for sure.
Never for a minute thought you did, mate!
Look at the number of your posts.
Now back to me!
Look at the number of my posts!
And only 2 or 3 in the Hat section.
There are plenty of other reasons for being here. Irvin jacket, aeroplanes, cars, drinks...
Hope to see you there sometime :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters