Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How old is everyone?

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Grnidwitch said:
(ok, ok 50 dammit. I'm going to be 50).

Don't worry, they say 50 is the new 30 and I'm going to hold "them" to that in 5 years!

My sister, who is 20 years older than I am, refused to age past 39 for ever and ever and only recently has moved herself somewhere in her 40's. She hates the fact that I keep catching up to her imaginary age. lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Sigh. I'll turn 44 next month, and on the one hand it scares me how many of you are young enough to be my daughters, but on the other I think it's wonderful that there's so many young'uns interested enough in the Old Ways to be here!

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
I've got the "death grip" on 34 for the next 6 months and 14 days.Oh God how did I get so old so fast? I feel 85....but inside I'm trying to have fun like a 20 year old....What a mess!...LOL!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Thank you for posting this Kim B!

Just STOP IT! :eek:

Share the gene!

LD

That just made my day! But I have been thinking about changing photos--I'm not smiling in that picture and I'm always smiling. :) It doesn't convey as much friendliness as I'd like to!

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
jonniangel said:
Don't worry, they say 50 is the new 30 and I'm going to hold "them" to that in 5 years!

My sister, who is 20 years older than I am, refused to age past 39 for ever and ever and only recently has moved herself somewhere in her 40's. She hates the fact that I keep catching up to her imaginary age. lol

I still can't believe I'm this age but I'm having a ball with it. What the heck. I try to take care of my skin, stay out of the sun and smile as much as possible. I figure, I can move into one of those Senior places (50yo and older) and own it. I'll run the crooked bingo game.

Viviene

Vendor
I'll be 48 on April 19. Since my avatar is not me I'm posting a quick picture so you can see what the old lady looks like. LOL

42351862_o.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Holy cow! I'm completely startled by some of your ages. The majority of the ladies in here look much younger than their age. Way to go! :eusa_clap

Anyway, I'm 27. :eek:

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I turned 35 in Feb. But I still look like I'm in my 20's. My high school students are always trying to guess my age. They never guess over 30! To which I reply...A's for everyone!!!:eusa_clap

Snookie

Practically Family
I'm 25. I look younger (round face!) but most people who meet me think I'm older. I'm a little bit serious, I think. My husband is 31, and told me to say that I *really* respect those in their 30's. lol

But it's true -- I've been looking forward to turning 30 for a while. I was terrible at being a teenager, and I think by 30 I'll be more established. I still feel too unstable.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Snookie said:
I was terrible at being a teenager, and I think by 30 I'll be more established. I still feel too unstable.

Oh, Snookie, if you manage to be stable at 30, I will throw you a huge party! And then proceede to pry the secret out of you so that I can write a book and make a fortune lol

I was a terrible teen as well, but my life is still chaotic, with very few things being dependable or stable. The only thing that I know I can count on is my wonderful husband and our amazing relationship. Having that makes the entropy easier to handle, for sure. But it gets old. Everytime I think that things might stay settled for more than a few months, another upheaval comes ripping through our lives.

My husband is 25. If he is stable by 30 that means that my life may be stable. That would be wonderful!

::wanders off muttering to herself::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav