Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get a vintage looking crease

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Well, apparently, if the felt is soft enough all you have to do is drop the hat onto the floor. This Whippet was a tear drop. Here it is after accidentally dropping it.

hpim2164.jpg

hpim2165.jpg

Now it looks like something you'd see on TCM! :D

Michaelshane said:
I don't think they were very fussy with hat creases,just look how they handle their hats in the old movies.
I concur. I've seen hats in old movies that range from neatly and symmetrically creased to completely crumpled with only the slightest hint of a crease. I suppose the "less than perfect" hats could have been intentionally styled that way to give the illusion they were older and/or well-worn hats that have lost their ability to hold a shape, but I think it had more to do with the character of the wearer--some people are simply more fastidious about their appearance than others.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Zombie

Zombie_61 said:
I concur. I've seen hats in old movies that range from neatly and symmetrically creased to completely crumpled with only the slightest hint of a crease. I suppose the "less than perfect" hats could have been intentionally styled that way to give the illusion they were older and/or well-worn hats that have lost their ability to hold a shape, but I think it had more to do with the character of the wearer--some people are simply more fastidious about their appearance than others.
Cool Avatar man. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy