Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am new to vintage styled clothing

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
And I was interested in getting an A-2 jacket, I would like to know where I can get a reproduction of one and also, which repro companies are your favorites?

Peacoat

Bartender
Aero, Eastman, John Chapman's Goodwear, and a bunch more. This is a question that is really too broad for a definitive answer. Start out by reading the information in the link posted by Tomasso above.

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
ok well let me ask some more specific questions

I live in a fairly rainy place, what types of jacket material hold up better?
Also is there some kind of coating (sprays, gels, oils Etc.) that could be used on an A-2 jacket to help it hold up better?

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
I think the general cosensus here is that Horse Hide is the winner when it comes to water resistance.
As for favorite brands, Eastman, Aero, and Goodwear seem to get the most mention and praise for quality.
Be advised, though, that there are many differences between different contract versions of the A2; differences in fit, style, color etc.
Do your research, take your time, and have fun.
Lenny

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
If you could take some time to upload pictures

I have decided on an eastman but haven't decided anything more specific, I was hoping you guys could post some pics of your eastman's so I could get an idea of what there different styles look like when they are being worn.

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles