Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Like Your Style!

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
I'm new to all this. I know you guys and gals are used to this sort of thing but this morning I got the comment from a beautiful young thing at the drive thru coffee vendor. I was in my '73 Mercedes, wearing my Stetson fedora, JCPenney suspenders and a print shirt. No coat or vest. No tie. That has never happened to me before.

It got me wondering what kind of comments you have gotten from total strangers.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
There is an up and running thread dedicated to this in the Powder Room Sir, entitled 'Comments you get when you dress vintage'.

Your outfit and automobile sound wonderful though, i'm not surprised that lady was giving you the glad eye!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Also checkout the "Nicest comment I ever heard" thread. It was started as a balance to the one about rude comments received. They both come with the territory, but I like to accentuate the positive. The good ones tend to far outweigh the bad ones.
Welcome to the Lounge, sir!

It's nice to get some recognition for it, aina? It always makes me happy to hear something kind about all the work that goes into the vintage thing. Most times, you just get sideways glances from folks, but it makes the compliments all the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters