Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

Thanks Alex! The Fed is easy to make look good isn't it?
You know, it really is. When I've thought over the years about the "perfect" classic fedora, what I always pictured in my mind's eye was pretty much the Fed IV. So being able to own one (or three, in my case) is a real pleasure.

...I have heard about all the drought going on in California, damn shame. We just came out of one of our worst droughts and we are still under water rationing. The drought came just in time for an oil boom which uses large amounts of water for fracking accompanied by a population explosion. Not good.
Various environmental groups have tried to convince the state government to ban fracking here over the years, but I think there's too much money to be made for them to have been successful. Considering the amounts of water used in the practice, this drought just might get the job done for them. They're slowly putting some water rationing ideas into effect, but those restrictions seem to be more severe in some areas than they are in others. And some in the state government are considering depopulation--migrating residents out of California--as a drastic but possible step towards decreasing water usage, while others are saying vegetarianism and veganism are a possible solution simply because it takes far less water to grow fruits and vegetables than it does to raise cattle. Yep, these are the people responsible for running the state. It still might end up being a case of "Too little, too late" no matter what they/we do and we'll all have to move out of state.

Even folk on the other side of the world have heard about the Californian drought, 4th year running & no end in sight. Apparently there are quite a few households down in the south of the state that no longer have running water as the rivers, wells & aquifers have dried up. With global warming & climat change this could be the future for large parts of S.W. America.
The "experts" say this is the worst drought in California in recorded history so it's certainly unprecedented, and the situation is likely to get worse in the next year or two. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but it might not be pleasant.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
089cf52b44fff9b0bcd73fa61ccff94a_zpstnoju4me.jpg
[/IMG] The Fed IV does downtown Atlanta, with Ms. Florida Marlin.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Thanks folks. It was an impromptu picture. We just got caught up in the grandeur of the setting and decided to strike a pose! She was a good sport about it!

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
It's very tough!!!
And this Lounge doesn't make it any easier. After ordering not One, But 2 hats I find myself looking on here at the other hats thinking about the ones I'll order next while waiting for the 2 that are coming..... Ugh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's an illness, no known cure! the only relief,order more hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21