Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OMG, what a fun thread! I've been sitting here burning my eyes out reading all of the posts when I should've been in bed hours ago!!

I wish I had a nickle for every time I was told I looked like Mary on Little House On the Prairie while growing up.

My ex FIL once told me I looked like Liz Taylor.. but I think it was just the dark hair and brows. I don't see it!

I have no idea. I think that heritage thing is so dumb.. all it does is put you next to people who have the same angle/pose as you do. I had a rather side angle and all the stars it showed had it too, and I don't think I look like any of them, lol! Oh, and it does try to go for the same eyebrow and chin shape but that's the extent of it.

I need to watch more old flicks, but I'd have to get cable! WAH!

Nikki

Elaina

One Too Many
This one:

frederick.jpg

Although I tend to look modernly more like Debi Mazar (just fatter and chinless.)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Mysterygal you remind me of Jennifer Aniston, minus her nose...
Nikki
wow, you made my day...she's beautiful!...I know what your talking about the nose though, hers was a bit big (didn't she just have plastic surgery? I think I remember seeing a picture where it looked smaller)
Michael Jackson; I think the nose is the least of his problems!lol

Elaina

One Too Many
I have one friend that when he went through his photography class (several years, a bottle of peroxide and a few pounds ago) swore I looked like Monroe. Took some shots of me for a class recreating someof her shots, and I suppose I did. I have a similar facial structure, but really, in the right makeup anyone can look like someone else. My ex-sister in law also still swears I look like her too (except now it's "Oh if you lost about 20 pounds, dyed you hair blonde again, and tried..." to which I reply "And get hooked on drugs, maybe.")

For the record, I don't. I have never seen it, but I used to get it alot from people I didn't know. I don't even want to.

vonwotan

Practically Family
So far I've only been mistaken for jockeys coming off wins at Belmont. On several occasions we've received the royal treament at restaurants in NYC with waitiers asking for autographs - but so far no votes for a Golden Era star... Not many in Hollywood in those years with a true aquiline nose, prominent chin, and long features...

Have you ever tried one of those facial recognition programs? I was quite surprized by the names that came up!

Elaina said:
...I have a similar facial structure, but really, in the right makeup anyone can look like someone else...

For the record, I don't. I have never seen it, but I used to get it alot from people I didn't know. I don't even want to.

vonwotan

Practically Family
When I try it gives me Greg Louganis as my closest match and celebrities like Adam Sandler, Sammy Davis Jr. and Gene Kelly. Not unflattering but I don't really see it.

Shearer

Practically Family
No one's ever told me I look like anyone! So sad! The My Heritage gave me people ranging from Asians to Leni Riefenstahl, which I find rather funny. Here's two big scary pictures that I took this morning:

DSCN0762.jpg

DSCN0802.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
Shearer, you remind me of Vivien Leigh. :)

Wow, thanks jitterbugdoll. You are a total doll to say that!

Actually, my parents said I looked like Bob Hope when I was a newborn. Better than W.C. Fields, eh? lol

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Shearer is right

I found out the hard way that one should never compare someone to W. C. Fields. By the way, to that person, again i'm sorry.:eek:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. Shearer, you look great with vintage make-up and hair.

Shearer

Practically Family
The Wolf said:
I found out the hard way that one should never compare someone to W. C. Fields. By the way, to that person, again i'm sorry.:eek:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. Shearer, you look great with vintage make-up and hair.

Thanks, I feel quite naked without my red lipstick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner