Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vivien has serious competition! :)

You look absolutely 'drop dead gorgeous' in your photos, and if these are two that you have 'just run off' at a moments' notice, ....then you must look like a 30's/40's silver screen goddess when you get yourself 'all dolled up' and go to town for a special day/night out!!

So ..enough of the 'BIG SCARY PICTURE' line, as you are obviously not seeing the beautiful woman that we are all witnessing shining through our screens here and lighting up the dark little corners of our rooms.

And just for a 'wee' bit of interest, I've pasted a promotional pic of Vivien in her 'Gone With the Wind' finery. Can you spot the similarities?

My honest opinion, YOU give Vivien a serious run for her money!! So when you go out today, hold that noble 'wee' chin of yours a few inches higher :) and shine some more of that magical light into the world!

GREAT photos, thankyou!!

Shearer said:
Here's a big scary picture that I took this morning:

Vivien-Leigh_publicity_still_Gone-w.jpg

DSCN0802.jpg

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Wow theres some really good comparisons here, my jaw dropped few times! I'm not too sure on Golden Era actresses but after posting this pic I got told I looked like Jennifer Tilly - so now I get teased as The Bride of Chucky Girl

lightscamera-1.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana, you look to me like a cross between Oliver Hardy and Broderick Crawford. Spitfire, you sort of remind me of English actor Roger Livesey (see "I know Where I'm Going" and "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp".
JBD You also look like Virginia Mayo, Marilyn Maxwell and Marilyn Miller. Powerhouse: How about George S Kaufman?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Tony in Tarzana, you look to me like a cross between Oliver Hardy and Broderick Crawford. Spitfire, you sort of remind me of English actor Roger Livesey (see "I know Where I'm Going" and "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp".
JBD You also look like Virginia Mayo, Marilyn Maxwell and Marilyn Miller. Powerhouse: How about George S Kaufman?

lol lol lol
I see what you mean...
cardiff_27.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
PADDY said:
You look absolutely 'drop dead gorgeous' in your photos, and if these are two that you have 'just run off' at a moments' notice, ....then you must look like a 30's/40's silver screen goddess when you get yourself 'all dolled up' and go to town for a special day/night out!!

So ..enough of the 'BIG SCARY PICTURE' line, as you are obviously not seeing the beautiful woman that we are all witnessing shining through our screens here and lighting up the dark little corners of our rooms.

And just for a 'wee' bit of interest, I've pasted a promotional pic of Vivien in her 'Gone With the Wind' finery. Can you spot the similarities?

My honest opinion, YOU give Vivien a serious run for her money!! So when you go out today, hold that noble 'wee' chin of yours a few inches higher :) and shine some more of that magical light into the world!

GREAT photos, thankyou!!

Paddy, I think you just made my year with those words! :eek: I feel like getting all dolled up and going out right now! Vivien just wished she had a vintage 2006 dog hair-covered sweater like mine lol Truly, thank you for your kind words... Beannachta?? na F?©ile P?°draig.

Amber, I do think you look like Jennifer Tilly. I think she's just beautiful, and I definitely see it in your eyes. Now do you have the voice to match? ;)

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
Spitfire said:
lol lol lol
I see what you mean...
cardiff_27.jpg

Oh my, it is a rather striking resemblance, isn't it?

Personally, I don't know who I look like from the golden era. Then again, I'm not exposed to films much... let alone older ones.

Jay

Practically Family
I don't know who I look like, but I've gotten mostly James Dean comments. Occasionally Humphrey Bogart, though I'm not sure how. And one time, I was compared to Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs...

n1710805_30814594_3849.jpg

These are both taken around 3 am, so excuse the disheveled appearances.
THere.jpg

And I look fat in this picture, though I'm not sure how cause usually I look malnourished.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

HighSociety

New in Town
Jay said:
I don't know who I look like, but I've gotten mostly James Dean comments. Occasionally Humphrey Bogart, though I'm not sure how. And one time, I was compared to Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs...

These are both taken around 3 am, so excuse the disheveled appearances.
THere.jpg

And I look fat in this picture, though I'm not sure how cause usually I look malnourished.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

You actually remind me a little bit about John Barrymore

http://silentgents.com/Barrymore/Barry03.jpg

You´re both VERY handsome! ;)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jay said:
I don't know who I look like, but I've gotten mostly James Dean comments. Occasionally Humphrey Bogart, though I'm not sure how. And one time, I was compared to Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs...

Not a vintage star, but I'm thinking a definite resemblance to Noah Wyle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner