Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you were going to spend 500 on a hat -

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Honestly. If I had a gazillion dollars I wouldn't spend $500 on that hat. If you have that kind of loot to drop on a hat, get a custom and keep the change.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Thanks for the feedback. I found Art Fawcett's custom hat website from a link on the forums here. I'll do it. Just gotta decide what I want.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Is Art the fellow that takes upwards of a year to make a hat because of an insane waiting list? A wait won't dissuade me, but it will affect the order I buy some other things like a corresponding suit to go with it.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
That would be Adventurebilt. Art is fast. I got the ball rolling bout two months ago, and mine is already on the block as of this last Friday. And this is the most bogged down I've ever seen him. Everyone is rushing to grab the last of the Art-Lites, and are going crazy over his new colors (Oxblood, Sunset, and Forest Green), and a couple going for the Ivory, and braided straws; on top of his regular orders.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Pompidou said:
Is Art the fellow that takes upwards of a year to make a hat because of an insane waiting list? A wait won't dissuade me, but it will affect the order I buy some other things like a corresponding suit to go with it.

I never ordered a hat from Art yet but as far as I know they usually don't take that long. Not by far.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Pompidou said:

Art isn't that guy.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Alrighty then. Come July, when I sell my stocks I'm getting a one of a kind Art Fawcett that nobody in the world will imitate. I'm thinking a porkpie - those are my favorites. Just gotta make it look as cool as possible. I'll keep everyone posted.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Yet another no. I can think of at least three ways I'd rather spend that $500 -- Buckaroo Hatters, Vintage Silhouettes, and Optimo. I'm sure that the hat linked is nice, but you can do better for that price.

bendingoak

Vendor
Steve Delk of Adventurebilt has a Hugh amount of orders more than any other hat maker. He also makes his hats all by hand ( no machines at all ). That's why he has a long waiting list. He puts in 16 hour days. The first year after Indy 4 he did those 16 hour days 7 days a week.

Steve isn't slow just very much in demand. More than any other hatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou