Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Let me pop in and clear things up. The henry is a productions hat made for Steve Delk and Marc Kitter of Adventurebilt hat co. Im just the US and Canada resource. The Henry is made for these two gents using there sourced materials and there specs. The henry from both companies are the same hat.

See, there's always details that are best left to the source. It's a great hat, by the way.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on your Henry Scottyrocks. I hope you enjoy many happy adventures in it

Thanks, Duper. Although it looks very much the same to most people as the Akubras, I feel a little different in it, whether it's the name, materials, or some combination thereof. I'm proud to have it perched on my noggin, which I guess is the point of the entire endeavor.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
First off I want to say thanks to you guys. I have been going back and forth for quite a while now on getting an “Indy” style fedora. After reading through all your posts and seeing the same things that I was thinking I have taken the plunge. I am now waiting on my Akubra to get here.

Thanks again.

Kirk H

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
2006 Adventurebilt 100% Beaver "Ford felt".

...never thought I'd own an AB, much less beaver, much less from the "Ford Felt" run, but I took possession of this last week & am tickled pink!

tumblr_lp8ihcFOi51r0jnxr-1.jpg

tumblr_lp8igfUDVp1r0jnxr-1.jpg

tumblr_lp8ifh5vrS1r0jnxr-1.jpg

tumblr_lp8iehK8rJ1r0jnxr-1.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Glad to hear about us discussing what we WANT to have, cuz I'm enough of a suck up to admit it ... I want one of those dark green Penmans, like the one that was posted on here years ago.
I don't remember the story, but the owner was tipsy when he had his pic taken.
I just remember he had on that really GREAT looking green Penman widebrim.
Now, THAT is a hat!

Sam

bendingoak

Vendor
SC, you got me which one you are talking about. Dark moss green has been a real popular seller for me. You might want to check out my Facebook page. You might find a pic there. I hope that helps.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I think I still have the image saved. It was a long time ago and I just remember the guy had his picture taken after a party. He had on a bowtie, as I recall.
Yep, just checked. Green hat, green sportscoat and yellow bowtie.
A very happy looking gent!

Anyway ... It was that really rich green and it was the Penman shape. A real classic hat!

One day ...

Sam

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
One day, I'll have a Penman Indy hat too.

I just need to work out the logistics, to get someone to bring it back with him to Blighty because taxes and import duties are punishing, really.

In the mean time, this is Little Miss Saint-Just wearing my Fed IV...

img0544fm.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think I still have the image saved. It was a long time ago and I just remember the guy had his picture taken after a party. He had on a bowtie, as I recall.
Yep, just checked. Green hat, green sportscoat and yellow bowtie.
A very happy looking gent!

Anyway ... It was that really rich green and it was the Penman shape. A real classic hat!

One day ...

Sam

Hi Sam

We REALLY need to see that picture. Green hat, Green sportcoat, and a Yellow Bow tie. That description just REEKS of class, most o fit low, BUT anybody who would wear a Penman hat, well, can't be TOO low class. This really does beg for at least one little picture.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL