Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Looks too boxy as well... Pegged trousers on Indy... hmmm, unless they are clipped back for some reason.
professorfx2.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Good catch! ITG and I were speaking about this and there is a reason for it and it's movie related. It has to do with what he does in the next scene, and I am assuming that the feet are not in frame in this shot. I don't want to provide spoilers here, so that's all I'm going to say. ;)
Oh and did you notice he isn't wearing Aldens? I now want to go back and look at Raiders and LC classroom shots to see if he's was wearing Aldens there with his suits.

PADDY said:
The photo that MK posted a few threads above of Harrison in professor mode, took me aback actually!!:eek: ....I am shocked!

He's looking pretty jaded and old in that movie still..! It hurts me to say that, as I can hear the tutting from the wings already, but honestly, I was expecting the character to look a bit more sprightly, considering it's an action adventure film [huh]
Yes but considering his age in real life (60-something) he looks good in my eyes. That's like 10 years less than my grandparents and he looks way younger than they do.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ITG said:
Oh and did you notice he isn't wearing Aldens?

The shoes pictured in Matt's picture above look very similar to Alden's All Weather Walker. I would think with the longstanding relationship Alden has had with the Indy movies because of the 'Indy boot' they might at this point seek to supply all of Ford's shoe needs for the movie. They could start selling the 'Dr. Jones shoe' in addition to the 'Indy boot'.

AlanC

Matt Deckard said:
And the pic from the top post looks like Cordovans... though it's just the color and the shape of the shoe that leads me into that thinking.

I thought the same thing. The creasing also looks like shell from a distance.

Dr Doran

I believe I own the exact tweedish jacket Indy is wearing in those pics. Mine has two vents. Patch pockets, notch lapels, same color. I also have awfully similar AEs, same precise color, same sole.
My Halloween 2008 costume seems to be cut right out for me.

Doh!

One Too Many
I'm no expert, but isn't his hair awfully dry for that period in time? I'm not saying he'd be a "Dapper Dan" man, but it just looks off to me.

Rooster

Practically Family
K.D. Lightner said:
That man is my age and he looks pretty darned good!!

karol
Hey, I agree Ford looks great. Just because you're getting older doesn't mean you're dead..... don't underestimate us older fellas lol
I'm actually getting a bit excited about this movie since reading this thread. And, I NEVER get excited these days about anything hollywierd puts out.

Dr Doran

MK said:
Is he copying me again!

Indy doesn't have the flap on his pocket that you do ... otherwise, yes, they are copying you again ... I GUESS THIS IS YOUR BLESSING AND YOUR CURSE.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
One thing I hope that they keep it the whole tongue-in-cheek campyness of the first three films. Plenty of action to be sure but tempered with the occasional funny exchange with the bad guys (like the truck scene in Raiders when the Egyptian fell on the hood of the truck and Indy & the German exchanged a small laugh) and semi silly dialog. Considering Spielbergs inspiration for and basing the franchise on the old serial films was the idea from the beginning with Raiders. I think they'll do just fine with this one and keep it along the same inspired lines.;) :)
Now, the one thing I've been wondering is this. What mountain will they use in the beginning sequence? Assuming that Paramount is still the studio. Any ideas out there for a good beginning mountain? Maybe a volcano this time?;)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183