Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ink samples:Browns,blues,purples

moustache

Practically Family
I had a wee bit of free time to play with the pens and inks today.
The result is a sample sheet of some of the inks in my collection and the pens used. The sheet lists which pen and ink was used. Maybe it will help anyone looking at these particular ink/pen combinations.Forgive the curve at the end of the sentences.The lens curvature caused that shooting at an angle.My scanner did a lousy job at colour seperation.So i used the camera.
am2.jpg

Included is a photo of the pens used--top to bottom-left to right-
s71s.jpg

Tryphon Clef
Signum Nova
Visconti Van Gogh-three colours-sand red/blue/musk green
Danitrio Alphaplus
Monteverde Black Tie
Monteverde Rose Gold
Conklin Glider Moss Green
Conklin Glider Blue

Thanks for letting me share!!!I love fountain pens!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks so much for posting all of these different color inks. By the way, your handwriting is really nice. I've been practicing my different lines, but am still far from making it look good.

I have bought a couple of Private Reserves inks, but haven't used them yet. I know that Tim has one, it looks like a Sepia brown, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. I bought a pretty pink color, that I'm looking forward to using. I'm sure pink isn't your color!

I like writing with a turquoise blue, and have it made by Mont Blanc. But, I have found that, aside from the typical black and blue, the other colors of Mont Blanc are kind of watery. They work OK in a fine nib, but get kind of blobby in anything thicker than that. I will have to get myself a bottle of the ones you have shown. I also really like the tanzanite. That looks like a great color.

I like your pen collection too. I have a Conklin Mark Twain in blue that looks a lot like your Conklin. It is one of my favorite pens.

Thanks again for taking the time to show us all of these great inks. I'm definitely gonna have to get my nibs into some of them.

moustache

Practically Family
Thanks!

Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks so much for posting all of these different color inks. By the way, your handwriting is really nice. I've been practicing my different lines, but am still far from making it look good.

I have bought a couple of Private Reserves inks, but haven't used them yet. I know that Tim has one, it looks like a Sepia brown, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. I bought a pretty pink color, that I'm looking forward to using. I'm sure pink isn't your color!

I like writing with a turquoise blue, and have it made by Mont Blanc. But, I have found that, aside from the typical black and blue, the other colors of Mont Blanc are kind of watery. They work OK in a fine nib, but get kind of blobby in anything thicker than that. I will have to get myself a bottle of the ones you have shown. I also really like the tanzanite. That looks like a great color.

I like your pen collection too. I have a Conklin Mark Twain in blue that looks a lot like your Conklin. It is one of my favorite pens.

Thanks again for taking the time to show us all of these great inks. I'm definitely gonna have to get my nibs into some of them.

Thanks so much Daisy!!!The comments are appreciated!
I really enjoy using my pens.I would like to find some new inks.I like Noodlers and Private Reserve best.No local distributors for Noodlers.But i'm lucky to have a Paradise Pen store in Portland.And usually when i go to Seattle a few times a year i stop by World Lux for some Noodlers.Being in Boston you should have quite a bit to choose from.
Conklin makes a nice pen.I want the Durograph Tobacco brown next.Waiting for a good price.They are still up there a bit.Near $125.Just too much right now.I need to sell a watch or two first.

JD

max the cat

Familiar Face
ink

the Waterman havana brown -pretty much as i remember it.

Hoping to get some turqoise ink much like the olds sheaffers-any ideas- what did they call it?
For a while I more or less matched the color of pen to ink-need to restore sheaffers triumph in brown made about 48.
moustache-the colors come across pretty well in photo-neat.

max

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

You have a nice printed hand, My Good Man.

I am amazed at how different the Copper Burst looks through the Cross as opposed to my Conklin. I like a nice reddish brown ink, but for work, I must use blue because, as an officer of the bank, everything I sign is legally binding and, at least in Massachusetts, legal documents must be signed in blue.

For that purpose, I like a nice vivid blue, a royal blue, rather than the mellower sky-like blues. ;)

moustache

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
You have a nice printed hand, My Good Man.

I am amazed at how different the Copper Burst looks through the Cross as opposed to my Conklin. I like a nice reddish brown ink, but for work, I must use blue because, as an officer of the bank, everything I sign is legally binding and, at least in Massachusetts, legal documents must be signed in blue.

For that purpose, I like a nice vivid blue, a royal blue, rather than the mellower sky-like blues. ;)

I like blues as well Mr Jones.The Dc Supershow and Naples are the main blues i use.Would like a vibrant permanant blue such as Polar Blue from Noodlers.
Ahhh just too many inks and not enough pens.lol

JD

moustache

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
The Copper Burst color in the bottle will change over time. I think it oxidizes to a more rust-brown. New, though, it is a really cool color to write with.

The Copper Burst really didn't inpress me at first.But i have warmed up to it quite a bit .Especially at work where it matches the colour of the much of what i sell:lumber and building materials!

JD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
You've got some really nice handwriting Moustache, I'm still trying to learn how to write nicely with my waterman.

Is there a website for these inks? I'd love to check em out

poetman

A-List Customer
Fountiain Pen Medium

Hello:
I am new to this site. I don't know how I found it, but I am glad I did. This is my ideal world. Well, I'm sure my personality will come through in due time. I was wondering specifically, Moustache, if you look at you pens in descending order top to bottom, what are the first,third, fouth, and fifth ones? The latter 3, atleast, look similar. I have a Philieas, which I love. The finish, weight, and price are wonderful. I have it in a fine tip and I would like to purchase a medium tip pen. I have toyed with purchasing another Phileas (in green marble), but feel it will look to similar to my fine tip in blue marble. Any thoughts are very appreciated.
-Poetman

Canadave

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
...I like writing with a turquoise blue, and have it made by Mont Blanc...

Daisy, are you saying you have a colour custom made by Mont Blanc, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

David

PS Oh, and welcome, poetman!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I really like the Noodler's Ottoman Rose! and the Navy, which is wierd cause I don't like blue ink for writing, black is usually my color!

Thanks again for posting!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo