Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspiration 2016

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Craig, the sincerity of your apology is too funny. I don't mind it at all, dude is a handsome fella.

No triggers pulled at this years Inspiration... I think that the Himels are definitely awesome jackets. But somehow, when I tried them on, I just didn't feel like they were something I *needed*.

Dave is a funny guy. He does not hide options, you're certainly right on that one!

Yeah we seriously did not deserve such a beautiful apology :D I think our builds/ sizes are similar, but our hair and skin tone are QUITE different :p
I didn't feel like I needed one either while I was trying them on (my McCoy is still perfect )... until I tried on that Griz. It spoke to me and it said "you need me."

pawineguy

One Too Many
lol Superfluous that's me, not ben hahahahah :D

@Superfluous posing with @Bunyip outside the show on the final day.

image.png

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Guys, I am sooooooo sorry!! I knew Ben was at Dave's both today and, when I saw the photo on Dave's Instagram, I assumed it was Ben. I have seen your photos before and should have known better. I'm really sorry about my absent minded mix-up. I corrected my original post.

Anyhow, the Griz looks good on you Dude. Did either of you pull the trigger (either with Himel or elsewhere)?

Unless I somehow missed it in this thread, what do you have coming from Himel? This looks like it's worth a plane ticket next year...

EDIT: And thank you for your report!

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The liner reveal at the top near the collar is really striking in the revised design.

Funny you should say that because I personally do not like revealed liner. I am having Dave add leather facing so that the liner does not show from the outside.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised by how good the Frobisher looks when worn!
I saw 5 guys try it on, and it looked great on every one.

The Frobisher received the most attention while I was there. This is interesting because it is probably the least striking/unique/eye-catching of Himel's designs. The Heron and certain of his other designs are more eye-catching. Yet, in the end, simplicity prevails. Moreover, as you observed HM, the Frobisher has a great cut that really fits well.

Wow PG, I didn't think you were such a hipster!

What a cute jacket! But man, that kid's dressed better than I ever was.

A-1

One Too Many
This is a nice read! Thank you for the report!
I really dig that coat HM!!

Plus, I also don't like the revealed lining. Had BK make a leather facing for my aeronaut to not show the lining. I thought I might like it for a bit but then think it's getting old.
But then, now I don't like the leather color of the russet anymore, so I'm selling it.
The RMC jackets always are so beautiful.
Thanks for giving us some insight in what seemed to be a great day out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner