Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

What a great introduction, Brenda... enjoyed seeing your catalog and collections.

It seems there were more women participants in this forum at other points in its history though much of what I've seen in their posts were men's fedoras. Perhaps the moderators can speak to the history and perspective on having women's hats included within the hat forum. Personally, I'd enjoy seeing it.

Welcome!

T Rick

Practically Family
Yes, that is the one. The first episode really set the stage for the rest, but even without seeing it, it is a very well done show. The "and Fine Shoes" part came about when her assistant discovered boxes of designer shoes in the vacant building they ended up in when she decided to open a neighborhood law practice (after being fired after decades as a successful patent Attorney). Funny show.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would be interested to see women's fedora and other felt hat enthusiasts contributing to TFL. We've had a few, but sporadic. I think they get put off by the male nature of the site. Anyway, I hardly ever see women in fur felt hats here in the Washington area, but I would like to. I think many women like to see men in hats, but I rarely see them in hats. If women wore them more often, men would wear theirs more often. It would be more interesting out there if that happened.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I would be interested to see women's fedora and other felt hat enthusiasts contributing to TFL. We've had a few, but sporadic. I think they get put off by the male nature of the site. Anyway, I hardly ever see women in fur felt hats here in the Washington area, but I would like to. I think many women like to see men in hats, but I rarely see them in hats. If women wore them more often, men would wear theirs more often. It would be more interesting out there if that happened.
I think you may have a good observation there. ALL hat wearing is based on the current ideas of "style" and definately many of these are influenced by women and their purchasing habits. Look at the complete change they brought about in automobile design and production. Over the last two decades the wants of women have brought us safer and more reliable cars. Maybe they can be the impetuse for the resurgence of hat wearing by men :)

Leg1onna1re

New in Town
Good evening everyone! I'm going to attempt an introduction and will hopefully not blab on for to long. I love hats, suits, ties and all the
rest of that fancy stuff. I've had a long time love of hats but just recently started wearing them. As far as the general information goes, I'm 26, livein Las Vegas, have a degree in photography, but most of my jobs have been in the IT field.

I've been a browser of the Fedora Lounge for awhile and decided it was high time to join its esteemed ranks!

Terry292

New in Town
Greetings

Greetings and salutations, fellow hat lovers. I've long had an affinity for hats, the brimmed kind, not baseball cap-style. I wore variants of baseball caps for twenty years in the military, and, now, never wear one. I do, however, wear a hat almost every day of my life. The hat in my avatar photo is a Shantung, originally from a local men's store sometime before 1948. The hatband is starting to fray, and the sweatband has started to come loose, but it's still servicable and I enjoy wearing it. I'm looking forward to reading the posts here and learning more about my beloved hats. Thanks for reading.

Greetings and salutations, fellow hat lovers. I've long had an affinity for hats, the brimmed kind, not baseball cap-style. I wore variants of baseball caps for twenty years in the military, and, now, never wear one. I do, however, wear a hat almost every day of my life. The hat in my avatar photo is a Shantung, originally from a local men's store sometime before 1948. The hatband is starting to fray, and the sweatband has started to come loose, but it's still servicable and I enjoy wearing it. I'm looking forward to reading the posts here and learning more about my beloved hats. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the Lounge....

Izzy

New in Town
Hi from Germany

Hi there,

for quite some time I've loved hats but just started wearing them this year, first a straw trilby in blue and one in taupe. Bit later I got a nice Panama. Glad I found this nice forum here.

greetings
Izzy

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hi there,

for quite some time I've loved hats but just started wearing them this year, first a straw trilby in blue and one in taupe. Bit later I got a nice Panama. Glad I found this nice forum here.

greetings
Izzy

Welcome to the Lounge!

maxrob200

New in Town
Hi I am new to the lounge, so saying hi to everyone. I bought a mint condition Nudie 5x Stetson from a vintage shop this year and have started collecting a few hats since - A Resistol 990 Fedora and a Stetson Sovereign Fedora both of which see regular use nowadays. Never wore hats (except for caps) before!

harborcop

New in Town
Hello to all!! I'm new to the lounge and just wanted to say hello. I have enjoyed looking around so far and have enjoyed a group with common ideals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24