Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Jugi

New in Town
Hello everyone. I'm new here and for a while I've been wanting to get myself suit, shoes and especially hat to get a 1940's look.
The thing is that I have no idea where could I get good and correct fedora to fit 1940's style.
Any advice appreciated :)

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
A great place to find the hat of your liking would be to create an ad in the Classified's section of the forum. You will need 15 posts to PM, so try to gain 15 posts, or put an e-mail in your ad as well.

Curly

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome.
I am trying to upload from my computer but after going through the steps, I get a little red circle with an exclamation symbol to the right of the photo upload and it says invalid.
I have the photos out on Photobucket but when I try the URL copy and paste it says invalid URL.
dunno

Hi Luscombe. I believe I had the same problem you had last week. Take a look at the following link to the Fedora Lounge FAQ: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?60680-How-to-post-photos-here

I think your problem may be fixed by the following instruction:

Choose "From URL" and UNCHECK the box for "Retrieve remote file and Reference locally."

And, no, you don't need 15 posts to post pictures.

Luscombe

New in Town
Curly,
It worked, thank you!

I would like some feedback on what looks good on me. These are starter hats that I have had for a while except the Markin and Bailey.

First up is my wool Pendelton. Hey I thought they were supposed to itch.
Pendelton2_zpse7352cf8.jpg

Pendelton3_zps25ac80d3.jpg

Next is the Bailey Yates wool.
BaileyYates2_zpsbf26837e.jpg

BaileyYates1_zps9a49c2e3.jpg

Next the Markin fur felt.
MarkinHat2_zpsf6d6616d.jpg

MarkinHat1_zpse62b92df.jpg

I feel like these hats look small or something. the crowns are 4 to 4-1/2" and the brims vary from 2" to 1".

So what would look good on me.

Thanks for your input.

Luscombe

New in Town
Thanks Guys!

I agree and am glad you confirmed what I thought. I'll be looking at some higher crowns and longer brims.

I think I see and Indy Penman hat in my future.:D

Luscombe

New in Town
Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered an Indy this afternoon from John Penman.
Now the wait begins.
My lurking here has not only helped me to make good decisions but has also enabled a fedora acquisition disorder.

Thanks to the FL for all the great information and conversations.

Cecilg

New in Town
Just wanted to finally introduce myself here as I have been lurking and learning for a couple of months. I live in north Georgia and just got into fedora type hats in the last few months. Since then I have purchased a few (14 I think) so I figured I had better learn something before this gets out of hand.lol. I appreciate all the info and the friendliness of the group and look forward to learning from all you guys.
Again thanks,
Cecil

Cecilg

New in Town
Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcome and look forward to everyones input. Just got another in the mail today. Akubra Stylemaster. Great looking hat.
Again thanks
Cecil

Tilted

New in Town
after a few months lurking, it's time i speak up and introduce myself and thank everyone for the help and education that you had hoped your posts provided :)

newsboywearer

New in Town
Newbie/First Post

Just wanted to say hello and look forward to learning from everyone. Love the Newsboy caps and older style clothing. Here is a pic of me and my recently arrived B! Wear, tan and caramel cap.:D

100_1460_zpsae53c2d1.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Just wanted to say hello and look forward to learning from everyone. Love the Newsboy caps and older style clothing. Here is a pic of me and my recently arrived B! Wear, tan and caramel cap.:D

100_1460_zpsae53c2d1.jpg

Hello Newsboywearer, welcome to the lounge.

You will meet some really nice folks here who are very friendly and very helpful with any questions that you might have.

Welcome aboard and All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Master Mason

New in Town
Hello,

My name is Gregg, I have been lurking for the last few days, and thought I would jump in.

I have been wearing hats since I was a kid, first baseball hats, then cowboy hats, of which I still have several but never wear them any more. Then back to ball hats when I was coaching my sons. When me ears started to get burned to a crisp, I moved over to fedoras. I have a number of them but the only ones really worth mentioning are the stetson temples. I actually have two that were lightly worn before I lost 50 lbs, that are now too big, but have only replaced the black one as of yet.

Looking forward to learning new things

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR