Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

TAutry

New in Town
Hi All,

I'm new to the Lounge. I stumbled across it while looking for hats. I started chemo back in December. When my hair started coming out in handfuls, my wife said I needed to start looking for a hat. I told her I wanted a fedora. She found a stingy brim style at a local clothing store. It's polyester and made in China, but a decent looking hat that helped keep my head warm. I guess what you guys might consider a real hat is my Hats in the Belfry Daley. It's a Panama and not actually a fedora, but I like it for Spring and Summer. I look forward to hanging around and learning from you guys. . . and purchasing my first real fedora!

John Galt

Vendor
Welcome, you have come to the right place. This is a continuing conversation in the Socratic tradition, regarding our favorite subject. You could learn a lot from a mad hatter ;-)

Mr.Astor

Banned
TAutry- welcome to the forum! I have some hat's I would part with to help you feel more comfortable walking around and especially to keep your head warm,or the sun off! If you have enough posts to PM me your size, and preference,as to felt or straw,I'll ship you one no charge,so you can get started! Hope your head size fit's what I have! No junk.true vintage. Just some mishaps I have acquired along the way! All the best, in the fight!!

TAutry

New in Town
TAutry- welcome to the forum! I have some hat's I would part with to help you feel more comfortable walking around and especially to keep your head warm,or the sun off! If you have enough posts to PM me your size, and preference,as to felt or straw,I'll ship you one no charge,so you can get started! Hope your head size fit's what I have! No junk.true vintage. Just some mishaps I have acquired along the way! All the best, in the fight!!

Thanks for the generous offer. I am brand new to the forum, so no way to PM. I purchased a Hats in the Belfry Daley Panama a few weeks back, so I'm covered for now. I still haven't ventured into the felt world yet, but perhaps one day. For the moment, I have to take it one day at the time. Best wishes.

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Hello, there. I'm an enthusiast of vintage bicycles, tweed, most kind of hats, good suits... I have to confess to owning more hats and shoes than any women I have ever dated.

fedoracentric

Banned
Hello, there. I'm an enthusiast of vintage bicycles, tweed, most kind of hats, good suits... I have to confess to owning more hats and shoes than any women I have ever dated.

Hey, Bruce, are you one of them fellers who go to those Victorian get togethers where everyone wears vintage-styled clothing and celebrates those British days gone bye when the sun never set on the empire?

Mr.Astor

Banned
Fedoracentric do you mean The Goodwood Festival or the Ace Cafe,London to Brighton race, all are terrific venues a whole hell of a lotta fun! The British know how to do it in style from car's to clothes.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Hey all, i've been lurking on those forums for some times now but never really took the time to introduce myself.

So i'm Gee from Lyon, France, I work as a tech journalist and got into hats a couple years ago.

Now I'm a hat noob. Except from my Akruba Federation IV, which, let's be honest, I only bought to get a replica of Indiana Jones' hat and which i actually never wear, I only buy "cheap" hats ranging from 30-60 euros and mostly trilbies because i feel more comfortable wearing smaller hats. Those are the most common over here.

You can see a small gallery displaying some of my hats. i did not put all of them... some are really worthless!

I'm currently wearing a Flechet linen hat.

John Galt

Vendor
Welcome Gee! The hats are good looking, notwithstanding, and what is a better accessory for a journalist than a hat?

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I made a few posts here already, but I didn't see this thread.

Hello, I am Retro Spectator. I put Retro there because I love things from the 1930's-1940's-1950's. I figure I am one of the youngest members here, as I am 16 at the time of this post. I dress retro daily, but I don't currently own any vintage things except my tie clip at the time of this post. I dislike slim fit clothes, and I always wear classic/relaxed fit clothes. The Spectator part of my name comes from Spectator Shoes. I love spectator shoes. I like two tone shoes in general, as I also have lots of saddle shoes. I have always been looking for reproduction spectator shoes with a completely white top, like these ones.

Spectators.jpg

I also like music from the 1930's, 1940's, and 1950's. I like artists ranging from Carl Perkins, to Frank Sinatra. I improvise rockabilly/blues on the piano. I often felt like I was the only person in the world who dresses retro daily, until I found The Fedora Lounge.

scooter

Practically Family
Hello again to all, while I have been around a good while, I took a leave of absence, shall we say, due to life's intrusions. Formerly a Phoenician of some 12 years, I have relocated to Austin, TX and am loving it. As the old saying goes, I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could. Still wearing my many hats, although it has been awhile since I purchased a new one, and rarely go out of the house without my trusty fedora. Hope everyone is well and not too traumatized by my absence. ;-)

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Hello everyone,

I’m a long time lurker and new member so I thought it time that I said hello. My name is Scott and I reside in Atlanta, GA. I recently moved out of a work uniform and wear a suit and tie to work everyday. I have always liked hats and used this as the excuse to finally take the plunge and start wearing hats again. Three weeks ago I bought a Black Stetson Saxon that I saw at a local men’s store. As of today I now own the Saxon, an inexpensive grey Jaxon Fedora, a light brown Akubra Stylemaster, A brown Akubra Fed IV and I have a grey Fed IV on the way. I keep telling myself that it’s not an addiction and that I can stop buying hats anytime I want to. :D Anyways, this is a great forum and I look forward to talking with everyone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy