Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is non-Goden Fleece Spiewak still good?

EarlGrey

New in Town
Not sure if this is suitable for Fedora Lounge, but I recall Spiewak being mentioned a few times here and there.

So I might love my peacoats and overcoats, but when it comes deep winter with snowstorms and blizzards, a parka is still my go to choice. I've been looking to replace my battered old Alpha N3B, and remembered Spiewak being mentioned as worthy of consideration but only found in Japan. Imagine my surprise when I saw my local vendor had an entire rack of Spiewak N3Bs. Made in Vietnam.

After doing some digging, it seems Spiewak re-launched itself in 2014 and is now (more) widely available. They have the overseas made stuff for wide distribution, and the Golden Fleece stuff made in USA available in very limited quantities. While I know everybody and their mom seems to love the Golden Fleece, I was curious how the non-Golden Fleece line fairs against, say, Alpha. Is better enough to justify the almost three times price increase?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic